Thorns of death

POV on Ronald's news on having the thorns of death

Thank you Blueberry for completing this with me.

This question is by GrellCrevan

I don't own any characters. None of this is canon. No hate please

Rip's POV

The family members was silence. I was clueless, Im a vampire. I dont know anything about such disease.But I decide to restrained myself from asking, lowering my head not making a sound.

"Eric...!" I  run towards the blonde Scottish reaper. "I-I need your help!"

Eric smiled at me. "Anything for a pretty vampire."

"I-It's about Ronald..." I panted trying to catch my breath from all the running.

"We know. You want my help to search pure souls for him, yes?" Eric patted my head.

"Y-yes...Please?"

Eric nodded. "Of course. I'll help~"

I  don't  know how to reap souls, but im willingly to do anything for my reaper brother.

That evening,

Ronald smiled pointing at the starry night. "It's pretty isn't it? The stars..."

I don't understand why Ronald is so calm after this. If I was a reaper, and i caught that disease... I  would be freaking out.

"Rip?" Ronald titled his head looking at Me. "You okay?"

"H-how..."

"How?"

"How can you be so calm..." I looked up finally at him, with tears filled eyes. "How...can you still be smiling..." Finally I broke, hitting my fist weakly on Ronald's chest. I bury my head into his chest as I sobbed. He didn't answer, maybe he doesn't know how to answer. He stayed there with his arms wrapped around me, saying everything will be alright.

Everything will be alright?

Grell's POV

I turned to see Rip. She have her head lowered. I don't blame her for not knowing. I turned back to Ronald, he have this charming smile of his on his face in his usual happy self. He keep telling us that he will be alright.

Will he be?

That evening, Rip wasn't in her room polishing her musket. She's out. I sighed closing her bedroom door to finally see Ronald holding a bag of blood in front of me.

"What's this for?" I asked.

"Rip's. I'm not sure where she went. But I'm sure she haven't have her daily dose of blood yet so I went blood hunting for her~ Oh and, I also cleaned the basement that you asked me to."

I frowned. This is Ronald. My adopted son. My co-worker. M-my...friend. And he still cares for us after knowing that he caught this sickness. Why is he so calm? And happy...?

I don't understand why is this such sweet kid have such terrible disease. I would trade anything even my life to make sure that he's okay.

I hugged him. "...Please be strong. I don't want to loose my best friend."

Ronald returned the hug. "It's alright, mom."

He finally called me 'mom'...

The words I have been waiting for, he finally said it.

I couldn't help but sniffed. "...You're Ronald Knox. You can survive this! I know you can. You're awesome..."

"Everything will be alright." He promised.

Will it be?

Undertaker's POV

I didn't laugh. Or smile. Or grin at all. I'm frowning. Surely, this is a joke. This is Ronald we're talking about. Our Ronald. My adopted son! The cheery and lively reaper of the dispatch.

Turning my wife to see her holding our daughter-Rip close. It hurts me to see my family's sudden emotional state. It hurts me to see Ronald trying his best to keep his act just for Grell and Rip. He knew the girls will be very upset and they would end up crying if he didn't smile.

I remember it was like yesterday, my wife Grell announced that we're are going to adopt Ronald. Ah~ Ronald. The party reaper. He even claims that he's scared of me...Teehehehe. I welcomed him into becoming our family.

Death is cruel. It's not a joking matter. Death can happen, even on us Reapers.

After the family meeting, Rip excuses herself and went out. She even forget to bring her musket alongside with her. I assume she will be looking for the Scottish Reaper- Eric and ask him

And as for Ronald, he indeed too excuses himself and went out. I guess, I can let him do whatever he wants now.

After the children went off, Grell turned to me and immediately hug me. Her tears immediately flows down, making my robes soaked with her tears. Yes, she have held onto her emotion for so long, finally letting it out in private. Holding her close, all she needs now is comfort and a listener.

I understand, Ronald is her close friend, her co-worker...They've been through a lot together.

I'm not saying that I'm not sad. I do feel sad. But I do not cry. I simply let my emotions flow out when I'm working.

Death, is tragic.

Undertaker's admin: oh wow... we managed to pull this shit. My mind is now officially foggy, my heart is in pain too.

Grell's admin: I know right. This is quite a depressing question and we have to answer it.