[Chapter 3]: My name

You began making your way down the stairwell to head outside for the quirk apprehension test. You were lost in thought, attempting to compare your physical abilities to that of your classmates. In this instance, you had to be especially clever to cover up for any potential weaknesses.

Let's see, the only person I actually know the physical abilities of is the angry hedgehog. He's pretty strong and I doubt I'll be able to beat him if he uses his quirk in addition to his strength. What was his name again? Bagakou? Bakigou? Baka-..."

"Hey! You with the fat head!" A voice spat at you from behind. You cringed and turn around.

Speak of the devil. If he tries to pull any more shit, he'll be on his ass in a minute.

You stood quietly for a moment, allowing him to approach you. Bakugou grabbed your arm.

This dumbass-!

You were about to retaliate but you quickly noticed that he wasn't attacking. Rather, he had begun to pull you along somewhere.

"Huh? Where the hell are you taking me hedgehog?" You protested. He squeezed your arm and halted suddenly.

"I HAVE A FUCKING NAME!" He snarled. "IT'S KATSUKI BAKUGOU, SO STOP USING THAT SHITTY NICKNAME!" The escalation in tone made you flinch a bit.

The hell is this dudes problem?

"Okay Bakugou, I appreciate your enthusiasm for whatever adventure you're about to take me on, but the class is gathering in the opposite direction." You scoffed. "You know, where we're supposed to meet." The sarcasm in your voice only added fuel to the fire. Bakugou's grip tightened yet again and he clenched his teeth.

"WE'RE HAVING A REMATCH RIGHT NOW YOU SHITTY GIRL!"

Eh?

You looked at him with confused eyes and allowed your jaw to drop, releasing a deep sigh.

"No such thing will be happening. Now let go of before I snap your wrist." You commanded.

He gave you his typical stank face. The two of you had thoroughly irritated the shit out of each other. But Bakugou was at least sensible enough to realize he was beating a dead horse at this point. He finally released your arm. His face was still scary, but it was much more contained than before.

Guess he's a bit smarter than I thought after all.

You rubbed your arm, attempting to dissipate the redness that had been left on it. He glanced down at the mark he was responsible for.

"Honestly, you can't really call what happened before a match." You huffed. Bakugou's gazed turned up, anticipating what you had to say next. "I'd call that a slaughter." 

That pissed him off.

 A vein protruded from his forehead. The hot-headed blond went off.

"SLAUGHTER?! I WASN'T EVEN READY WHEN YOU PUT ME IN THAT ARM LOCK! I ONLY TAPPED YOU ON THE FUCKING SHOULDER, I WASN'T EXPECTING YOU TO FLIP THE FUCK OUT!" He was literally sweating.

W-What on earth is he getting so worked up about?

But it was funny to you, seeing such an over the top guy in this gloomy world.

"Ahhh yes, of course. You're right." You sarcastically scoffed. "That applies to the second throw as well yes? You know, the one where you swung first and still ended up on your ass."

He was done.

Bakugou lunged forward, seemingly about to throw a punch with his right fist again. You moved your left arm up to block the side of your face. At the last moment, he pulled his arm back and jabbed forward with his left fist instead. Your eyes widened and you let out a quick gasp before raising your right hand to catch his fist.

He changed up his movement to try and throw me off. Clever.

Snaking your fingers between his, you separate them from his palm. Ducking under his arm, you twisted his arm back to hold him in a wrist lock. You observed his other arm reaching up to retaliate.

"Don't move, or you're definitely not going to pass today's test."His hand ceased its advance.

"Tch, this is fucking annoying." He growled.

You snickered and dropped his hand. He looked away from you, clearly upset.

He's pouting.

It was almost adorable. With a smile, you patted him on the shoulder.

"You're pretty hot-headed, but I find your passion quite endearing-"He swatted your hand away. "Woooow, and quite the tsundere I see."

"I'M NOT HOT HEADED!" He spat. "AND WHAT KINDA WEEB SHIT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT! DIE!" He was obviously still irritated. Your smile increased in size to the point where you just bursted out laughing.

Oh man, I don't think I've enjoyed something this much in a long time.

With that, you walked off back towards the entrance of the school.

"You coming Bakugou?"

He glanced at you and just shrugged, slipping his hands into his pockets and slowly following after you.

"Tch, I fucking guess." He muttered, reluctantly following behind you. "Hey, walk fucking slower. I ain't haulin ass to see those damn extras." 

You halted momentarily and allowed him to catch up to you. With a light grin, you spoke to him once more.

"My name isn't you, it's (y/n) you idiot."