[After Story]: For Worse 5/?

"We're so close... Damnit..." The taste of iron continuously flooded your mouth. Its bitter taste caused you to wince on occasion, an action you were unable to conceal completely from your comrades. Your head ached, your muscles throbbed, and despite the presence of the people closest to you, the moment you weren't moving, you were thinking.

With sloppy steps, negative thoughts overwhelmed your delicate mind. With the situation as bad as it was, finding Katsuki felt like a luxury you couldn't afford to pay mind to.

But you couldn't help but yearn for him. It had felt like ages since you had seen him.

What if he's hurt? What if he's trapped?

Your hand ran along your lower abdomen, palpating the bruised skin.

What if he-?

"(Y/N)-!" Kirishima had grabbed hold of your shoulder before you had realized your body was nearly about to be level with the ground. A small pile of debris had tripped you up without your knowledge.

"Oh..." You gasped, hanging on to Kirshima's arm while you fumbled your feet back under you. "Sorry Kiri, I guess I've been zoning out a little."

Kirishima exhibited his usual tenderness. He kept his hand firmly on your shoulder, perhaps in fear you would fall right back over. The others paused their tread as well. You prepared yourself, sure your friends were about to give you endless crap for insisting you had been zoning out only 'a little'.

"Let's take a short break." Mina groaned, removing her boot and rubbing the underside of her foot. "These shoes were NOT made for walking. Needing openings to secrete acid from makes them severely lacking in arch support."

"Eh?" You blinked. "But we're almost there."

"Give it a rest (y/n)." Kaminari yawned. "We should take a short break. There will likely be more enemies at the radio tower."

"Uh... Yeah, I suppose you're right." You eventually agreed, taking a seat against the side of the closest building. Kirishima followed closely behind before sitting next to you. He gazed at you, noticing the far away look in your eyes. Kirishima immediately knew what you had been pondering over so hard that you couldn't see a pile of debris right in front of you.

"I know you're worried about Katsuki, but you know better than anyone just how strong he is." Kirishima insisted.

You pulled your knees to your chest and shifted your gaze to the sky.

"I know how strong he is... but sometimes that also worries me." The words came out as a murmur. You sighed, pressing your eyelids closed to block out a glint of sunlight that had pierced the clouds. "He's so strong. I'm sure that the weight he carries on his shoulders is exhausting. Katsuki wouldn't hesitate to put himself in danger, but it's not because of the pressure that he receives from others. It's the pressure he puts on himself. That's what worries me. He talks a lot of shit, but his sense of justice is second to none. Well.. Maybe Midoriya, but he's the main character."

"Midoriya's the wha-?" Kirishima cocked his head.

"Oop, the forth wall is showing."

"... (Y/n), are you okay? Do you have a fever?"

"As a matter of fact, I think I do." You groaned with your palm pressed firmly to your forehead.

Kirishima's eyes lingered on you a moment longer before shifting to his hands. He twiddled with his fingers a bit before letting out a sigh.

"(Y/n), I really think it's better if you find shelter and stay away from combat. You're already in bad enough shape as is... One of us will stay with you and-"

"I understand what you're trying to say." You cut Kirishima off, placing a hand firmly on his shoulder to garner his attention. "But, splitting up now would be a mistake. We need as strong a team as possible. The radio tower is the key to turning this situation around. More than me, we should be focused on keeping Kaminari safe."

"Wha-?! M-ME?!" Kaminari gasped, thumb pointing toward himself in confusion.

"Well yeah." Sero scoffed. "Communication was one of the first things to go when this situation arose. And I imagine if they were smart, they would cut energy to the entire building."

"... So you're going to make me a human generator?" Kaminari said hesitantly.

"B I N G O!" Mina exclaimed.

"Ahhhhhh come onnnn." He continued to complain. "My brain about to go 'no think' mode." You chuckled at Kaminari's comments.

"Don't worry, we'll make sure to get you out safely after you get the big stupid." You jeered.

"Why can't you just do it (y/n)?!" Kaminari questioned. "I mean, your quirk doesn't have any kickback, right?"

"WELL maybe if a commercial radio tower took nuclear energy. Unfortunately, that's frowned upon in the middle of a city. Also, IT DISSOLVES ORGANIC MATTER TOO!"

"Yeah BUT- ... Yeah you right, we should probably just use my quirk." Kaminari finally agreed. "And here I thought you wanted to protect me because you were coming around to realize I AM THE SUPERIOR MALE OF OUR CLASS!"

"Yes~ Yes~ That too of course-" The jolting pain returned you your abdomen. You didn't have a moment to remember your composure, making the discomfort quickly known to your comrades.

"HEY!" Kaminari yelled. "Are you okay?!"

Kirishima had already replaced his hand on your back as you writhed over in pain. It took a few moments for it to pass.

"Y-Yeah... Sorry about that. I think one of my lower ribs is broken." You begrudgingly replied. Sweat droplets formed on your temple. As they ran down your face, you remembered just how heavy your body felt.

"That's enough... Honestly, I can't believe how stubborn you're being." Kirishima stood quickly. "Cellophane, we're gonna need some tape."

"Roger that." Sero grinned.

"Here, get on." Kirishima knelt in front of you. "I'm gonna carry you since you insist on coming. We'll use Sero's tape to keep you steady."

"Kirishima, I'm fine. I can walk myself." You scoffed, slowly gathering yourself. You wobbled as you came up to stand. "I'll watch my feet from now on, so you don't have to worry-"

"I didn't ask." Kirishima was surprisingly firm with you this time. Your eyes widened at the sudden shift in tone. "You told me I was the leader for this mission, right? I'm carrying you or you're not coming. That's an order."

You blinked. The rest of the Bakusquad also blinked in disbelief.

"Kirishima~"Mina sobbed. "You've grown so much..."

Kaminari and Sero had tissues.

"STOP BEING SO DRAMATIC YOU GUYS!" Kirishima blushed profusely.

"Damn~ if this was a KirishimaXreader, that would be really hot." You said, a tissue in hand, shedding a single tear.

"STOP IT (Y/N), JUST GET ON!"

- - - - - - - - -

I do have an ending planned out but I'm not sure how many parts this will be. I'm just gonna write on instinct lol.