[Chapter 7]: An interesting friend

"FUCK YEAH, I WIN!" Bakugou yelled with he his fist lifted in the air. You groaned and slammed your face down into the dashboard of the Pac-Man machine.

How the hell is he so good at all these games?! This is a load of bullshit...

Your face remained planted there until Bakugou jokingly patted your back.

"There there, some of us just weren't born talented you damn extra." You just turned your face to the side without getting up.

"Fuck you..." You muttered. Bakugou was practically beaming with joy over how defeated you were.

"Okay since I'm such a great guy, I'll let you choose the last game we play-"

"MORTAL KOMBAT!" Your eyes shot wide open and you sat up immediately. 

You had been waiting for this opportunity all night. Bakugou had been choosing the games so far and you knew exactly why he hadn't chosen Mortal Kombat. It was because he didn't have the high score on it, you did. He didn't know that though. You only ever entered your initials in for your score because you were too lazy to type out your whole name.

"Alright fine. Time to fucking destroy you!" He snickered.

You both ran over to the machine.

Like hell Bakuhoe. Finally, this is my chance to destroy you!

So far you had lost every single game besides skeeball, but that's only because Bakugou had thrown the ball so hard that the machine broke before you got a turn.

Remember the entire scenario made you almost pee your pants. The two of you had turned to each other slowly, mouthing a silent conversation in an attempt to figure out what to do. You both settled on just walking away, pretending like you had never seen that skeeball machine in your entire life.

"Hey, wake the fuck up (y/n)! It's time for me to beat your ass again!" He had already selected vs. mode and was eagerly awaiting for you to join him. You took a hold of the joystick and readied yourself. 

"Yeah yeah, we'll see about that!" You replied confidently.

- - -

You two had been going at it for an hour. 

Each of your rounds had lasted way longer than typical rounds. Mortal Kombat had a system that regenerated 25% of the player's health when they inflicted a fatal blow at the same time. This made your rounds go on forever since you were both so evenly matched. Each of you had eventually won two matches so now it was down to the final showdown. You were both literally sweating. One of the arcade employees came up behind you as you started the last round.

"Uhh excuse me, we're clos-"

"WE'RE BUSY!" You both screamed in sync as you focused on the match. 

It felt like he was starting to gain the upper hand, forcing you to hone in every ounce of cognitive power you could muster.  It felt like it lasted forever. But it all paid off. Suddenly you saw it, an opening. Your fingers moved to act but halted suddenly.

Why did I bring Bakugou here?

At that moment, he just barely managed to land a fatal blow on your avatar. 'FATALITY' flashed across the screen in big letters as your jaw dropped in disbelief.

I literally just let him win. WHAT WAS I THINKING?! He's never gonna let me live this down...

You just stood there for a moment, feeling that confident aura just radiate from his body. Your head shakily turned to glance at Bakugou who had the most malicious smirk plastered across his smug ass face.

"How does it feel knowing that I'm superior to you in every aspect?!" He snickered.

Come on (y/n), say something snarky...

"Well I mean I can still beat you in an actual fist fight so I guess I'll be alright."

"YOU WANNA FUCKING GO RIGHT NOW!?!?" He threatened. The line between friend and foe had been severely blurred by this point in the night.

You both just locked eyes for a moment. There was a brief pause before you two simultaneously began laughing uncontrollably. Nothing was fake. You had the time of your life and you could tell he did too. Although, he would never admit that of course.

"Maybe another time, I'm fucking beat." You groaned stretching your arms up above your head. "What time is it anyway?" He pulled out his phone to check, before holding up the screen to you.

"9:23." He casually stated. Your eyes widened in disbelief.

"OH SHIT WE'VE BEEN HERE FOR 4 HOURS?! MY BROTHER'S PROBABLY FREAKING OUT RIGHT NOW!" You had put your phone on silent and lost track of time. You checked your phone and you were right. There were 7 text messages and 3 missed calls from Takashi. You quickly called him back.

"I'M SORRY TAKASHI, I WAS OUT WITH A FRIEND. PLEASE DON'T MAKE ME SLEEP IN THE GUTTER!" You were joking of course. Takashi was the most loving brother ever. It was more of a running joke for when you disobeyed him. You finished up your conversation and let him know that you were heading home. 

After sitting through a short lecture from the arcade staff, you and Bakugou began to walk back.

- - -

It was dark out now. The streets were lit only by the lamp posts scattered throughout them. You both had been quietly walking beside each other until your classmate decided to break that silence.

"Did you really mean what you said back there?" He asked with averted eyes. You glanced at him, a bit confused by his question.

"Oh no don't worry. There's no way my brother would make me sleep in the gutter!"

"Not that dumbass. The thing you said before that." 

You leaned forward trying to get a better look at his face, but you stopped noticing that the question had made him almost uncomfortable.

Ahhh, he must be referring to when I called him a friend.

"Yeah, I just decided to spend four hours in the arcade with someone I hated." You sarcastically retorted before smiling brightly at him. Bakugou glanced at you only briefly before brushing off the comment.

"Tch whatever... I guess you're slightly more bearable than the rest of em. I'll bless you with my friendship since you're practically begging at this point." 

Whelp, that's probably the best I'm gonna get.

The street finally split. The two of you headed your separate ways. You gave Bakguou a small wave and smile as you parted. He half-assed it, but the wave was kinda there at least. 

Once you had meandered your way back to your house, Takashi approached you. His expression indicated that he was a bit worried.

"About time you decided to show up." He joked

"Yeah... Sorry about that..." You muttered, still lost in thought.

Takashi noticed noticing your pleasant expression immediately. It was something he didn't get to see very often.

"Did something good happen?" He questioned.

A hum escaped your lips. Something good did indeed happen.

"Let's just say, I made an interesting friend today."