[Chapter 32]: Shouto

"DON'T YOU DARE TODOROKI!" You screamed. Todoroki halted his advance towards you. "I DON'T NEED SAVING..."

You clutched your gym jacket and began breaking it down to use as fuel. As it completely dissolved, you were left in your sports tank. 

I need to time this right!

With about ten feet left between you and the concrete you blasted beneath yourself, slowing your decent enough to prevent serious injury. Slamming down shoulder first, you roll out. Your body curled and you clutched your side as blood seethed through your fingers.

"(Y/n)!" Todoroki ran towards you, not to attack but rather to see if you were okay. You clicked your tongue and sent out a weak blast towards him. He dodged easily and stood there, glaring at you confused. You shakily pulled to your knees.

"This fight... isn't over..."

"Oi All Might, call the fucking fight off!" Katsuki yelled. All Might had managed to manhandle the mic away from Katsuki after his little outburst.

"Don't." Aizawa glanced over. "Let her go until she can't move anymore."

"Shut the fuck u-"

"If you care about her, you won't undermine her strength young Bakugou." All Might grabbed his shoulder. Katsuki clenched his fist and looked back at the screen.

"Tell me. Why are you so determined all of a sudden?" Todoroki questioned you. Grabbing your knees and forcing yourself to stand, you responded.

"It's... it's a long story." The solemn look on your face made Todoroki's heart strain.

"I understand..." He exhaled, a stream of mist escaping his mouth. You could tell he was running out of steam, although you yourself were a bit worse for wear. 

I've only managed to get a single hit on him... 

Your breathing was ragged and your heart rate was elevated. 

I can't use my quirk like this... if I do, I won't be able to control it. 

"If you insist on continuing the fight, I will respect that. But don't blame me for what happens." Todoroki mumbled. He ran forward, closing the distance between you two. Readying yourself, you watched his movements closely. 

He's gonna try hand to hand now that I'm weaker.

He lifted his fist, launching it forward at your shoulder. Quickly you raised your arm to retaliate, pushing him at the wrist so he glides by you. As he lands to your side you shift your weight back, swinging your leg in a roundhouse kick. 

Shit, I'm slow. 

He ducked just in time, taking the opportunity to ice the ground. The slick ground caused you to lose your balance, giving Todoroki enough time to grip your wrist with his right hand. He began coating your arm in ice, making its way over your shoulder and down your chest. The strength was drained from your body. You couldn't manage to shake him. You muttered painfully.

"Dammit..."

"You can't win now. Surrender." He said calmly to you. You clenched your teeth together and chuckled painfully.

"Like... HELL!" You shifted your body forward just enough to nail Todoroki in his chin with your head. He was forced to release your wrist and stumble backwards. Your body shook at the cold. Placing your hand on your arm, you began rending the ice molecules. Suddenly, pain radiated from your arm. 

I can't control it well enough, I'm removing my skin also...

You halted when blood began dripping onto your arm from your face. You reached up and touched your lips, suddenly tasting the iron that was running over it.