[Chapter 17]: It's warm

"You asked me not to lie to you and I don't want there to be secrets between us." You sternly declared before shifting your legs to hang over the side of the bed. You began to get up before Katsuki grabbed your shoulders.

"Woah slow down there you idiot. Whatever it is, it can wait until you've recovered more." He looked down at you. You placed your hand on his chest and began pushing up, attempting to stand.

"It can't wait..." Your legs were trembling "I can't... move forward with you until you know..." A teardrop fell to the floor. Katsuki didn't hesitate to pull you into a tight embrace. He held you up and ran his fingers through your hair.

"Okay, I understand. I'll take you where you need to go." You buried your face into his chest, taking a moment to just breathe. Slowly, the embrace broke. He bent down to pick you up but you stopped him.

"I'd actually really like to walk next to you if you don't mind." He stood up once more and smiled sweetly.

"How can you always be so stubborn?" You laughed a bit and he wrapped his arm around yours. "Lean on me if you need to. I can also let you carry me, if you're so hellbent on being a pain in the ass."

- - -

You walked arm and arm, all the way back to the beach. The sun had begun to set. The entire class was already back at the inn. It was a long walk, as you had to move slowly due to still feeling weak. Katsuki didn't mind, he actually found himself enjoying the feeling of you wrapping around his arm for support. When you arrived at the shore you let go of Katsuki.

"Here will do..." You crouched down and placed your good hand on the sand's surface. "Katsuki, will you please back up a bit." He complied and stepped back a few feet. Looking back down, you began to breathe softly.

Calm down... Calm down (y/n)...

The next moment, a green light radiated from your palm. The sand surrounding it began to dissipate. Breathe... You stood up and jolted your hand out towards the ocean, causing the green light to leave your hand and shoot out into the water. As the flare came in contact with the surface, a large detonation occurred causing water to shoot upwards like a volcanic eruption. Katsuki covered his eyes at the blinding light. You dropped your arm and looked back towards him.

"My quirk has been dubbed 'World-Eater'. I have the ability to split both organic and inorganic molecules apart at the atomic level, generating unbelievable amounts of bioenergy." Katsuki's eyes widened as he uncovered his face. "I've been so reluctant to use it because while in use, it's hard to control its area of effect. It's important that I remain calm or else it could consume anything... " You looked away from him. "Even people..."

"(Y/n) wait a min-"

"I'm not done yet." Katsuki paused and resigned himself to listen further. "My family was rich and powerful, known for a similar quirk. It had been passed down and untampered with through a series of forced marriages. I was born as the next successor of the family, to carry on their legacy. Unfortunately, at age 4, the doctor told them I was quirkless..." Your voice began shaking.

Hold it together, you need to hold it together.

"Needless to say, my family was livid. They poured all their money and power into finding a way to transfer the quirk to me. At first I accepted it, but eventually, the tests got so invasive and painful that I couldn't take it anymore."

Your knees collapsed into the sand and you looked out over the ocean. Katsuki walked over and sat down beside you, saying nothing. You continued.

"They had me on house arrest. Even though I call him my brother, Takashi was actually a servant of my family. He was also my only friend. When I turned 14, I refused to continue with the tests. My father wasn't having it, the next thing I remember was him grabbing me and my mind going blank." You looked down at your hands, shaking uncontrollably. "When I came to, the mansion was nothing more than a giant crater. My entire family, including any servants in the house at the time... There weren't even any bodies left to bury..." You took a deep breath, attempting to calm down.

"All Might was the first to arrive. The police wanted to execute me immediately, but All Might stopped them. This past year was basically a custody battle between the hero's association and the police force. Eventually, they settled on allowing me to enter U.A under the watch of Eraserhead, who could stop my quirk long enough to be executed if needed. All Might really fought the case for me, I was even able to live on my own with Takashi." You began getting choked up. As tears fell from your eyes, you couldn't help but smile a bit. "I guess in the end, I am lucky to be where I am today..."

There was silence.

Katsuki reached up and wiped away a tear. You sniffled and looked over at him.

"I'm sorry to lay so much on you at once. Do you... have any questions?"

"Just one. Can I kiss you now you idiot?"

Your mouth hung open a bit and your eyes widened. 

Is he serious right now? 

Looking down, more tears fell. Your fingers dug into the sand, shaking slightly.

"After all that I've told you... Why..." You lifted your head up to gaze at him. "HOW COULD YOU EVEN CONSI-"

Your words were cut off by his lips against yours. He placed his hands on the sides of your neck, tracing your jawline with his fingers. The kiss was gentle and passionate. You felt your mind and body melting before you closed your eyes and kissed back.

It's warm.