[Chapter 62]: Go

"You don't need to carry me Katsuki... I can walk by myse-"

"Holy shit (y/n), three weeks of being kidnapped and you're still a fucking hardass. Just pipe down and let me take care of you dammit." Katsuki growled before he crouched down in front of you.

You smiled faintly and climbed onto his back, wrapping your arms around his neck. He lifted you with ease and proceeded down the dark hallway. Your head rested between his shoulder blades, your mind taking ease at his warmth. Katsuki was carrying you both physically and mentally at this point. You were still in shock, still weak, still trying to hold on to what little happiness you could.

And at this moment, that was him.

Your grip tightened around him and Katsuki felt your choked whimpers against his back.

"You know, they all believe in you." Katsuki grumbled, causing your eyes to widen. "The heroes. They're here and they're fighting for you right now."

You could hear them; the not so distant yells and explosions rumbling from below you.

It's true... I need to be strong right now. For myself and the people who believe in me.

You sniffled in an attempt to halt the flow of tears, using the back of your arm to wipe your swollen eyes.

"How on earth... do you always know what I need to hear? I didn't know your quirk was mind reading."

"Idiots like you are easy to read." He scoffed sarcastically.

Damn, I've missed this jackass.

"Yeah yeah I know." You chuckled, rewrapping your arm around him. "But for real, shouldn't we go help them?"

"Nah, they should be fine even in this limited space. We should just lay low and get to the bottom of the building." Katsuki responded.

"That sounds like the complete opposite of what you usually like to do..."

"Heh, well I'm not saying I couldn't carry you and kick ass at the same time. But I honestly couldn't care less about what's going on down there." He smirked, hiking your legs up higher. "I already got what I came for."

"Ahh Kacchan, do you like like me~"

"I will fucking drop your ass don't test me."

You giggled as Katsuki shifted you up higher onto his back once more.

"(Y/n), you've lost weight. They weren't feeding you enough, were they?" He stated out of the blue, causing your mind to shift back to the horrid treatment you had been receiving the past few weeks. You didn't respond. "So I'm right... Damn, when I get my hands on those League of Villain mother fuckers, I'm gonna make them regret the day they were fucking conceived..."

"Pffffffffttttttt, not even the day they were born but the day they were conceived. You really are something Katsuki Bakugou."

"Hah? What's that suppose to mean?" Then blond muttered angrily.

"All good things I swear." You snickered. "Guess we'll just have to go to that curry place again so I can gain the weight back. I still owe you a date remember?"

"Fuck yeah, you think I'd forge-"

BOOM.

The was a violent tremble throughout the entire building. Katsuki nearly lost his balance from it, stumbling for a moment but managing to hold onto you.