[Chapter 57]: Think again

-Ground Beta: The Previous Night-

"K-Kacchan?! Do you hear yourself right now?!" Izuku muttered.

"Deku's right Bakugou! You can't just claim something like that out of the blue-"

"I HAVE FUCKING EVIDENCE, HEAR ME OUT DAMMIT!" Katsuki cut Ochaco off, causing both her and Izuku to go silent. Their brows furrowed in confusion. Shouto pulled away from the building he had been leaning up against.

"We need to hear him out." His gaze shifted to Katsuki. "Bakugou, what makes you think Takashi set (y/n) up?"

"The first thing that struck a chord with me was the fact that the League of Villains knew details about (y/n)'s quirk and her whereabouts. UA has a strict privacy policy to protect the students. Information like that is typically contained strictly to staff and family."

"I get that, but what possible motivation cou-"

"WAIT TILL I'M FUCKING DONE YOU USELESS NERD!" Katsuki growled at Izuku.

"Calm down Bakugou, we came here per your request. The least you could do is not yell at us." Shouto commented. Katsuki clicked his tongue, his eyes narrowing.

"YOU KNOW WHAT-" The seething blond began before stopping himself and forcing a deep breath. "Dammit I know..." Katsuki mumbled. "I just want to save (y/n) as fucking fast as possible..."

"We all do." Ochaco smiled gently. "That's why we're here." Shouto and Izuku peered at Katsuki with reassuring eyes.

Although he tried to brush it off, Katsuki felt moved. He scoffed and a slight smile graced his lips.

"Right... As I was saying, (y/n) would have told Takashi anything if he asked. I would have never suspected him. But at the meeting where the principal told us that (y/n) was missing, Takashi didn't seem to defend her at all." Katsuki lifted his eyes to Ochaco. "After you stood up for (y/n), he attempted to shoot down the idea by claiming she has an ulterior motive."

"I remember, we were asked to leave the room after that." Izuku recalled. Katsuki nodded softly.

"And that's where this gets fuzzy. I wanted to wait until (y/n) told you all out of choice about her quirk and its origin, but frankly, I don't give a fuck anymore. So just know that if you tell anybody, I'll kill you all." Katsuki growled. Izuku and Ochaco gulped.

"I already know." Shouto plainly stated. "So that's one less person for you to worry abo-"

"SHE TOLD YOU?! WHAT THE FUCK, WHEN DID YOU GET SO CLOSE TO HER YOU HALF AND HALF BASTARD?!"

Shouto shot Katsuki an annoyed glance and remained silent. After a few moments, the angry blond attempted to relax.

He proceeded to explain the details of your past to Izuku and Ochaco, also delving into the details of the microchip at the base of your skull. Their mouths hung open in disbelief at what they were hearing.

"That... must have been so hard for her." Ochaco muttered out, tears forming in her eyes. "All this time, she has to carry something like that and deal with the repercussions..." They needed a moment to calm down, before returning to the previous issue.

"So where does Takashi fit into all of this?" Shouto questioned.

"Well since Takashi belonged to a branch family that served (y/n)'s family, it could be safe to assume that at least one person he knew was there that night." Katsuki crossed his arms, his brow furrowed. "On a whim, I went to ask Aizawa for details on Takashi's family. To his surprise, he couldn't find anything on them. No names, no location, no cause of death." Shouto's eyes widened a bit.