[Chapter 30]: Prepare yourself

"You wanna what?" Aizawa questioned you.

"I want to start working with my quirk in class Aizawa." He stood there for a moment, processing what you were asking.

"You understand what happens if you lose control, right?"

"Yes." You were firm in your answer. Quickly, you bowed your head forward. "Please, let me. I'm ready to face it!" You heard him sigh.

"Lift your head (y/n)." You did, before catching the textbook that Aizawa tossed to you. You tilted your head, a bit confused.

"Eh? What's this for?" He pointed towards the textbook.

"I want you to use your power and disintegrate that book." Your eyes widened.

"Uh should I really be doing this in the hallway before class? Besides, I don't have anywhere to expel the energy I produce." Aizawa held up a finger.

"Lesson one. Going through your research profile reveals that you should be able to disperse split atoms evenly around your body so it doesn't explode."

"My research profile? You mean the military found results from all the testing and experimentation they did on me?"

"That's right. I've read the whole thing. There are a number of things you can do that you don't know about yet." You stood motionless. 

They've been hiding so much from me.

"Aizawa, are you suppose to be telling me this?"

"You're a student in my class. I can do what I want." He smirked. You smiled back before clenching the book and holding it out in front of you.

"Here I go!" You began breaking down the textbook at a steady pace. 

Breathe

You visualized the power flowing down your arm and rising to the surface of your skin to be expelled like sweat. Aizawa watched you closely as your body began to shake. It was a tension that burned and stung as you were forced to release energy at an agonizingly slow pace. But you managed to do it. Exhaling deeply, you placed your hands on your knees. 

"Damn that was harder than I thought..." You looked up at Aizawa, seeking approval. However his face was concerned.

"I have good news and bad news." Huh? Bad news? You stood and awaited his words. "The good news is that you managed to do what I instructed." He paused. "The bad news is that my suspicions were just confirmed." You pressed your lips together nervously.

"And what suspicion is that?"

"(Y/n)... I can't erase your quirk. Even though it's an emitter type, there's something abnormal about the way it was forcibly integrated into you. That's probably why I can't." It took a moment to piece together his concern. You were no fool.

"Let me guess. The military doesn't know that, even though that was the reason I was assigned under you. And if they find out, I'll be locked up again." You crossed your arms, trying to calm your racing thoughts.

"You catch on quickly." He walked over to you and placed a hand on your shoulder. "Despite knowing this, do you still wish to try?" You knew the risks. If you lost it, that was the end.

"Yes. I do." Aizawa grinned, admiring your resolve. He placed his hand on top of your head and ruffled your hair. It almost felt fatherly.

"By the way Bakugou, you can come out now." Aizawa eyed the corner of the hallway. You looked over noticing little tufts of blond spiky hair sticking out from behind the wall. He jumped out of his hiding place and pointed at both of you.

"I JUST FORGOT SOMETHING OVER HERE THAT'S IT." You covered your mouth with your fingers and puffed your cheeks out, attempting to contain your laughter.

"Woooow Kacchan, you must really care about me to be eavesdropping on our conversation."

"LIKE HELL. EAT SHIT AND DIE!"

- - -

"Today we will be having mock battles. Change into your gym clothes and go out to Ground Beta." Aizawa announced to the class. Everyone followed directions, quickly changing and proceeding down the hallway. Your heart was already racing. You were nervous about using your quirk and your face showed it.

"(Y/n), you seem distressed." Todoroki walked up next to you. Reaching up to rub the back of your neck, you laughed a bit.

"Really? I'm not distressed."

"You're bad at lying." He nonchalantly stated. You rested your hand at your side once more and looked down.

I mean he's not wrong.  

"Hey Todoroki?" He glanced over at you. "I'm gonna start using my quirk today. Will you be my sparring partner?" His eyes widened a bit. Todoroki always kinda assumed that you didn't show your quirk for personal reasons, something that he could relate to. He found your tone almost admirable.

"Don't you usually pair with flames for brains for stuff?" You crossed your arms.

"Yeah. But if I'm using my quirk, I think it's better that I start off against a more level-headed oppon-" You felt an arm wrap around your shoulder from behind.

"You fuckers having a good ol time talking about me?" 

Oh boy

Katsuki shoehorned his way between you two causing Todoroki to smirk.

"(Y/n) just asked me to be her partner today. Something about me being more level-headed than you?" 

God dammit Todoroki

Katsuki ground his teeth together and snarled.

"THE FUCK (Y/N), I'M ALWAYS LEVEL HEADED." He shouted in your ear. "YOU'RE NOT GONNA BE PARTNERS WITH THIS HALF AND HALF BASTARD." You grabbed his arm and flung it off, an annoyed expression plastered across your face.

"I don't need your permission you damn hedgehog." He hated when you called him that.

"OI (Y/N) YOU WANNA DIE?"

"Shut up already." Aizawa demanded.

-AGround Beta-

"I AM HERE!" All Might seemingly fell from the sky. He slammed down into the earth in front of the class, before standing tall with a smile. "ARE YOU READY TO GET EDUCATED TODAY YOUNG ONES?!"

What an entrance.  

"You have too much enthusiasm..." Aizawa said as he sluggishly walked up next to All Might.

"(Y/n), you will be fighting first today. Pick your partner." Aizawa could tell you were nervous. He figured it would be best to let you go first so you wouldn't have to wait around and panic the whole day. You took a deep breath.

"Todoroki." Hushed whispers fell over the class.

"Todoroki?! For real?!" Kirishima questioned. The mock battles were more about learning rather than winning. However, it didn't change the fact that the whole class was shocked by you picking such a difficult opponent.

"I gladly accept." Todoroki responded. You both stepped out of the group. Katsuki was still pissed that you chose icyhot over him, but he understood it to an extent.

"The rest of us will head to the observation booth. You two may start when we give you the go ahead. Good luck!" All Might announced before he led the class away. You stood facing Todoroki.

"Don't you dare go easy on me, okay?" You held out your hand, waiting for him to take it. He grinned before motioning his hand into yours, shaking it firmly.

"I understand. Prepare yourself."