[Chapter 39]: There with me

Things have gotten a lot better between you and Katsuki since that night. Sure you guys still bickered a lot, but that's something that would never really go away.

A lot of crazy things happened in the short span of a single semester. There was an attack on the USJ when All Might swooped in and saved everyone's asses. Katsuki also won the sports festival. The school still couldn't allow you to participate due to a large number of students that would be gathered in one place, and the possibility of you being unable to control your quirk. But you were alright with it especially since they were already allowing you to practice with your quirk in class.

Honestly, the one who was pissed about it the most was Katsuki. The boy blasted the principle's door down and had to be escorted out of the building. After a thorough scolding and explanation from Aizawa, he eventually learned to accept it, even if he was low key salty about it.

And so life as a U.A student proceeded. 

- - -

"Today you will be picking your hero names. Midnight will explain to you how this works." Aizawa groaned before stepping back into his sleeping bag and sitting on the floor.

Midnight began explaining what your hero name represented to yourself and the community.

Hero name huh...

You had already been thinking of it for awhile, but couldn't decide on one. She declared you had fifteen minutes to come up with a name. You began brainstorming and writing on your whiteboard.

"Oi, what are you writing?" You had been focusing, so Katsuki's voice caused you to jump a bit and quickly cover your board.

"You'll see it when I present."

"Eh? I have to approve of it before you choose one. What if it's stupid?" You chuckled and responded sarcastically.

"What? Do you think 'King of Explodo-Kills' isn't stupid?"

"Shut the fuck up, I know it's cool. Besides, I've refined my tastes a bit since then."

"Bakugou, it's your turn to share." Midnight called over to him. He grinned maliciously and stood. Upon arriving at the front of the room, he turned his board to show the class his masterpiece.

"KING EXPLOSION MURDER!"

Oh my god.

"THAT'S FUCKING RICH BAHAHAHA!" You practically felt your soul leave your body you were laughing so hard.

"THE FUCK DID YOU SAY (Y/N)?! I'LL FUCKING KILL YOU!" Katsuki snarled.

"Eraserhead... Your class is so vulgar..." Midnight cringed.

The rest of the class just sighed simultaneously and spoke in unison.

"It's just those two..."

"It's your turn (y/n). Please come up and present your idea." You smiled and clutched your whiteboard against you, eagerly jumping out of your seat. You made your way to the front of your room and flipped your board around.

"Fission Hero: Gigaton!" There was a sea of ooo's and ahhh's.

"Ahhh that's perfect (y/n)! You used fission because of your atom splitting ability and gigaton since it's a measurement of explosive force. Brilliant!" Midnight excitedly responded.

"That's so cool (y/n)!" Izuku added. Katsuki clicked his tongue and sprinted back up behind the podium, smashing his hip against yours and knocking you out of the way.

"LORD EXPLOSION MURDER!"

- - -

"(Y/n)!" Ochaco ran up to you excitedly.

"Ah Ochaco what's up! Did you decide what hero you wanted to intern with?"

"Yep!" She lunged out and punched her fist forward. "Battle Hero: Gunhead's agency!"

"Eh?! Gunhead?!" Your eyes widened in a confused manner.

"Yeah! I've gotta get experience with lot's of different kinds of heroes!" Ochaco excitedly answered. "By the way, I've been wondering what you were planning on doing? I mean you weren't able to participate in the sports festival right?" You glanced slightly down.

"Yeah... I've been thinking about th-"

"(Y/n), come talk to me." Aizawa shouted across the room. Ochaco looked at you with questioning eyes. You just shrugged and got up, following Aizawa out into the hallway.

"Is there a hero you want to intern with?" Aizawa asked, his arms crossed as he leaned against the wall.

Huh?

"Wait a minute, I thou-" He shoved a piece of paper in your face.

"Pick from this list." He sternly said. You grabbed the paper and began reading through it. "Those heroes said they would be willing to train you. It's a small list but it will do."

"Wow Aizawa... Thanks, I don't know what to say..." Your grip tightened and crumpled the sheet a bit.

He's such a good teacher.

"Don't get all sappy with me. Go on, you have two days to decide."

"Yes sir!"

- - -

"So you're gonna go intern under Best Jeanist huh?" You questioned Katsuki. The two of you strolled leisurely beside each other as usual, heading towards your street.

"Yeah. He's the number 4 hero. He better have something damn impressive to teach me." He groaned. You couldn't help but chuckle a bit.

"You're amazing Katsuki..." 

"What do you mean?" His glance shot up at you, entranced by your words.

"You're wanted by so many hero agencies... Not that a blame them. You were incredible at the sports festival, even if you didn't win how you wanted to." You spoke softly, peering over at him and noticing the flush across his cheeks. You both walked side by side for a bit in silence before Katsuki intertwined his fingers into yours.

"Next year... You'll have the same opportunity as everyone else. I'll make sure of it." His voice was gentle. He halted suddenly, causing you to stop as well and turn to face him. "I want you there with me, at the top. So you better work your ass off."

"Katsuki..." Your voice was shaky. He had few moments of such utter sincerity, but it warmed your heart nonetheless.

"And after that, when we graduate... I want you there with me too."