A Devil's Rose

This is a Dante (DMC4) Male Reader x Ruby requested by KyleBradleyFernandez.

(Y/N)'s POV

I yawned under the shade of a tree. My eyes closed and I drifted off to sleep. I would have fallen asleep to if it wasn't for a certain Rose.

Ruby: "(Y/N)!!!!" I sat up to only be tackled back down hard.

(Y/N): "Why me!!!!" I groaned at the tackle.

Ruby: "We have a mission!!!!" She was excited as always.

(Y/N): "That's great, but could you get off me first Ruby?" She noticed the position we were in and her face grew red. She quickly got off me and I stood up stretching. "Oum, you hit me harder than usual Ruby. Did you gain a pound or two?" She grew fake angry and began to pumble me with light punches. "I'm only joking Ruby."

Ruby: "I know, but you know how conscious I am about my body." I flicked her forehead and she recoiled. She rubbed the spot I hit.

(Y/N): "How many times have I told you that you are perfect the way you are?"

Ruby: "A lot."

(Y/N): "And how many times have I said you are beautiful the way you are?"

Ruby: "A lot."

(Y/N): "Because?"

Ruby: "It's true." She blushed and a smile spread across her face.

(Y/N): "Good, now come on. Let's go talk to Ozpin about the mission." She nodded and followed me to his office.

Timeskip - Emerald Forest

Team RWBY and I stopped at a nearby stream and refilled our canteens. I took a sip and let out a sigh of relief as the cold water quenched my dried throat. I honestly didn't think this mission would take that long.

Our mission was to track and kill a Grim. It was a special type of Grim that could call others in the area to its aid. It emits a loud screech and they come running. The only description we have is a green strip along its head. I stood to my feet and scanned the area.

The nearby brush shifted. I moved towards it until a head popped out. It was definantly a Grim m, but what surprised me was the fact it was a chicken head. I studied it close and notice a green strip song it's head..

(Y/N): "Found-" The head of the chicken split in two and emitted a loud screech. I covered my ears and it ran deeper into the forest. I took my hands away from my ears as Ruby and her team neared me.

Yang: "What was that thing?!?"

(Y/N): "Our target." I bolted after it and the team followed me. We finally reached a clearing and saw our target. It looked at us and split its head in two once again.

The scream pierced the air and sent chills down my spine. After a couple of seconds it stopped and Grimm began to surround us. We all lined up back to back and readied for the attack.

Yang: "So we have to fight a chicken who can call for allies when he's scared?" She cocked her gauntlets.

(Y/N): "Fucking ironic." I cracked my knuckles and the hairs charged us. I slid under a charging Beowolf and grabbed its right hind leg mid slide. I proceeded to use it like a bat and knock grim out of the park

On my final swing his leg broke off and sent him sailing with the others. I stood my ground while a Boratusk readied a charge. He bolted towards me and I caught him by his tusks. I ripped both tusks out and he roared in pain. One tusk got planted in its skull while I aimed at our target with the other