Of Heart and Home

This is a Homeless Male Reader x Weiss requested by me. This will be an AU. AU stands for Alternate Universe.

(Y/N)'s POV

It was so cold outside. Snow fell from the sky and onto the world. My back laid against the wall with a sign next to me. A small cup stood at the base of it.

My clothes were tattered and dirty while my body shivered from the never ending cold. Life dealt me a shitty hand and I had to pay the price.

My asshole parents didn't want anything to do with me, I lost my job and found out my girlfriend was cheating on me, and now I had nowhere to go.

I've been homeless and living on the streets for two whole months. Most people walk by me without batting an eye. At the end of the day, I'm lucky if I have enough to get something to eat. I was pulled from my thoughts when a clang came from my cup.

(Y/N): "T-Thank y-you." The sun was starting to set so I grabbed the cup. Inside was about three hundred lien. It was barely enough to get some food. I got up and walked to a nearby connivence store with money in hand.

I entered the store and the heat warmed me up. I stopped shivering and walked down the food aisle. Everything was so expensive. My eyes rested upon a small loaf of bread. It was barely within my price range.

I grabbed it and walked to the counter. The clerk scanned the bread and placed it in a bag for me.

Clerk: "That will be three hundred and twenty lien." My heart dropped when he said that. I completely forgot about the tax.

(Y/N): "Sorry, I don't have enough."

???: "I'll pay for it." I looked to my right to see a woman with platinum white hair. She had a small faded scar across her left eye, wore blue jeans, and a rather fluffy coat.

My eyes widened slightly cause I recognized her. Her name was Weiss Schnee. We used to be close friends in school before we graduated. I hope she didn't recognize me.

(Y/N): "That's okay Miss." She grabbed the bag and handed it to me.

Weiss: "It's completely fine. Happens to the best of us." I silently thanked her and left with my bread. I traveled back to my spot and sat down. I took a slice out and ate it.

My mouth immediately spit it out due to the sour taste. I looked at the date and it was expired. A sigh escaped my lips while I threw the bread to the side. The sun was gone and the street lamp was the only thing illuminating me.

Another day without food and shivering in the cold. What did I do to deserve this? My eyes closed and I tried to fall asleep. The snow against my body kept me shivering so much that it was hard for me to fall sleep.

I heard snow churching next to me and the snow stopped falling on me. My eyes opened to see someone in front of me. I looked up to see Weiss holding an umbrella.

Weiss: "You'll catch a cold (Y/N)."

(Y/N): "So you did recognize after all. Great." She crouched down so we were eye level.

Weiss: "Of course I would. We were best friends after all." I looked at her with sadness in my eyes. A few tears rolled down my cheeks. "Come on. My house isn't that far away."

I got up and followed her. She stuck close to me so the snow would touch us. After a few minutes we arrived and entered. Her house was basic yet fashionable. A fire place gently crackled off to the left.

Weiss: "I'll get some clothes for you while you take a shower. The bathroom is down the hall to the left." My feet carried me to the bathroom and I turned on the water. After a minute I discarded my dirty clothes and got into the shower.