A Shattered Heart

This is a Heartbroken Male Reader x Ruby requested by J-Dog_HU4L.

(Y/N)'s POV

Flashback 2 Years Ago

Amanda: "I think we should end this." She said as I looked at her in shock.
(Y/N): "End what?!?" I said in disbelief as I looked at her.
Amanda: "End things between us." She said rubbing her arm uncomfortably.
(Y/N): "Are you breaking up with me?" I asked as she nodded.
Amanda: "I just can't keep dating you." She said as I felt tears well up in my eyes.
(Y/N): "What did I do wrong baby? Please tell me and let me fix it." I said desperately as she just shook her head.
Amanda: "You did nothing wrong. It was I who did something wrong." She said as I looked at her slightly confused. "I cheated on you." She said as I felt my heart shatter. "You were wonderful and perfect but I let my greed and lust get the better of me and I betrayed you." She said through her tears that began to fall. "I don't deserve you. You deserve to be with someone better so that's why I'm breaking up with you." She said as she turned around and began to walk away. "I'm sorry (Y/N). Goodbye." She finally said as I watched her walk away. I wanted to yell at her to come back. I wanted to say that I forgive her but my body wouldn't let me move. The only thing that moved were the tears that slid down my cheeks. Once she left my sight I fell on my knees and began to beat the ground with my fist.
(Y/N): "Why!!!" I yelled as the tears fell rapidly from my eyes. "WHY!!!!!" I shouted in the air as I looked at the clouds. I felt a dampness hit my forehead as the clouds began to cry with me. I let my head hang and felt the ran pound against it. "Just why dammit?" I said through a raspy breath.

End of Flashback

While the trees rolled by I wiped a tear from my eye and sighed. This memory has haunted me for two years. In that time I worked my butt off to get where I am now. I'm currently at Beacon Acadmy and I'm apart of a team now, Team RWBY. Even though I've come this far in life I can't let go of that night. That night changed my life completely. I used to be so trusting and happy but now I'm nothing like that. Now I'm just a former husk of myself. So bitter and sad, not being able to trust anyone. I hide it well enough that no one thinks of me other than a happy person. I was snapped out of my thoughts as a hand waved in front of me. I looked to see Ruby smiling.
(Y/N): "What's going on?" I said as she giggled at my confusion.
Ruby: "Were you not listening to the message Professor Ozpin left for us." She asked as I just shook my head.
(Y/N): "Sorry I spaced out." I said as she sighed.
Ruby: "Fine I'll tell you then. The professor said our mission is a search and rescue." She said as I nodded.
(Y/N): "Do we have a picture of the person?" I asked as she nodded. She fiddled with her scroll for a second until the picture came up. When I looked at the picture my eyes widened. The picture was of my ex-girlfriend Amanda.
Ruby: "Her name is Amanda Grace. She was out for a hike near the Emerald Forest and went missing about two weeks ago." I felt my heart begin to ache as memories of her flowed into my mind. We both leaned forward slightly as the train we were on began to slow down.
(Y/N): "I guess our stop is here." I said as the train came to a complete stop and the doors opened. Team RWBY and I exited the train and stood on the outskirts of the Emerald Forest.
Ruby: "Alright Team RWBY and (Y/N) it's time to declare this mission a go." She said cheerfully. "We'll split into two groups. (Y/N) and I will search the west side of the forest while Weiss, Blake, and Yang search the east side of the forest." She said as everyone nodded and separated. As I walked my mind kept wondering back to Amanda. Most of my thoughts were about the past but one rang out in particular. Why did she go missing? "You okay (Y/N)?" Ruby asked me. I looked at her to see worry across her face.
(Y/N): "Yeah I'm fine just thinking is all." I said with a stale monotone.
Ruby: "You been doing that a lot and it worries me ya know." She said with concern. "Does it have to do with that Amanda girl?" She questioned. I just sighed as I nodded knewing she hit that nerve.
(Y/N): "I haven't seen Amanda in over two years. We were really close friends until I moved away." I lied as Ruby nodded. I couldn't trust her with my truth not yet anyways. We kept walking until we saw the brush begin to move. I pulled out my lance as Ruby pulled out Cresent Rose in scythe form. Just as we were about to attack Amanda burst through the bushes covered in cuts and bruises. Her hair was a mess and she looked like she was about to collapse. "Amanda?!" I asked as she turned towards me.
Amanda: "(Y/N)?!?" She said with shock as her eyes began to close. She swayed from side to side before she fell. As she was about to hit the ground I rushed forward and caught her in my arms. I pressed my fingers against her neck and got a weak pulse. I sighed with relief and picked her up bridal style.
Ruby: "Is she okay?!?" She asked with concern.
(Y/N): "She's fine just passed out from exhaustion." I said as she let out a sigh of relief. "Call the others and tell them we found her and to meet back at the station. Also tell them to call a bullhead with a medic." I said as we quickly walked back to the station. After a couple minutes we came through the brush to see Weiss, Blake, and Yang standing next to the bullhead. We rushed to them and we all entered the bullhead. I saw a nurse and a medical bed at the back of the bullhead so I carried her to the bed and placed her on it as the medic began to work on her.
Nurse: "I'll do all that I can." He said as I nodded. I made my way to a seat opposite of her and sat with an emotionless expression as I watched. Ruby then walked over to me and sat on the seat to my right.
Ruby: "She'll be fine (Y/N)." She said as she placed a hand on my shoulder.
(Y/N): "I hope so Ruby." I said as I closed my eyes. "I hope so."