Small Problems

This is a Tall Male Reader x Neo requested by Kodyxd14. I'm gonna make it an AU. AU stands for Alternate Universe.

Italics = Sign Language

(Y/N)'s POV

It was another day at Beacon High. The school day had dwindled to half and it was lunchtime. I sat at the table eating a slice of pizza while everyone talked.

Ruby: "Have you guys heard the news?!" She was filled with excitement like usual.

Pyrrha: "What news?" I have to say my curiosity was peaked.

Ruby: "A new student is transferring to school today!!!" Everyone, expect for me, let out a small gasp.

Jaune: "This late into the year?" Ruby shrugged her shoulders.

Ruby: "I wonder if it's a boy or a girl?" The bell rang which meant lunch was over. After the bell finished the intercom came to life.

Intercom: "Will (Y/N) (L/N) please report to the principal's office?" The intercom died out and my friends teased me about the announcement.

Yang: "Someone's in trouble!!!" Blake closed her book and chopped Yang on the head with it. Yang recoiled and rubbed the spot where she was struck.

Blake: "I don't think the top student of Beacon High would get into unnecessary trouble." She opened her book once more and read from it.

(Y/N): "Not sure what he wants, but it shouldn't be bad." I split off from the group and walked to the office. I entered the office and ducked under the door frame so I wouldn't hit it. Curse my tallness.

Ozpin: "Good to see you Mister (L/N)?" I stopped in front of his desk. A girl with brown and pink hair sat in one of the chairs beside me.

(Y/N): "You wanted to see me sir?" He gestured to the seat behind me. I sat down and paid close attention.

Ozpin: "You may have heard around the school that we are getting a transfer student." My head nodded and he continued. "The young lady to your left is that transfer student. This is Miss Neopolitan."

(Y/N): "It's nice to meet you." She simply waved back at me with a smile.

Ozpin: "I've learned from your peers and family that you know sign language. Is this correct?" The question took me by surprise, but I nodded. "Miss Neopolitan is mute and I would like you to be her guide and translator."

(Y/N): "Not that I have a problem with it sir, but what about our classes?" He smiled.

Ozpin: "Both of you will be taking the same classes from this day forward. As for today, I would like you to show her around the school. I've already informed your teachers of your absence." Luckily I can afford to miss classes. Top student remember?

(Y/N): "Yes sir." We both stood from our chairs and left the room. Once again I ducked under the doorframe.

Neo: "So your name is (Y/N) right?" I nodded my head. "I'm Neopolitan, but please called me Neo for short."

(Y/N): "My name is (Y/N) (L/N), but you can call me (Y/N)." I turned to her and smiled. That was a mistake, because my forehead hit another door frame we passed by." "Owww!!"

Neo: "Are you okay!?" She was frantically signing. I rubbed my forehead and frowned. Why the fuck did I have to be 6'6"?!

(Y/N): "I'm fine Neo." I ducked under it and we continued walking. "At least you don't have worry about concussions."

Neo: "Being 4'10" isn't exactly ideal either." We both sighed at our height, but laughed afterwards.

(Y/N): "Guess we should start the tour."  With those words we began our tour. While walking we made small talk. I found out she had transferred from Haven High. That school was notorious for raising delinquents.