Withering Love

This is a Dying Male Reader x Pyrrha requested by Balasubas19. This will be an AU. AU stands for Alternate Universe.

(Y/N)'s POV

I sat in the doctors office waiting patiently. My entire body was tense and I could feel pain in my chest. This has been going on for two weeks now. The doctor ran some scans and tests on me so I was just waiting for the results.

The door opened and the doctor walked in. His face was stoic as he sat at the desk. A file with my results was in his hand.

Doctor: "I have some troubling news for you Mister (L/N)." Fear and worry gripped my body with an iron grasp.

(Y/N): "Just give to me straight doc." A sigh escaped his lips and he placed the file on the desk.

Doctor: "You heart is slowly destroying itself. We don't have the slightest clue as to why either. That means we can't treat it." A harsh reality feel upon my shoulders. I was going to die?

(Y/N): "How long do I have left?" He took a deep breath before answering.

Doctor: "Could be weeks or if could be months. We can't give you an exact timeframe. The only advice I can give you is to spend whatever time you have left with those you care about." He got up from his desk and walked up to me. His hand placed itself on my shoulder. "I'm sorry."

The door opened and closed signaling his departure. I felt nothing at this point. I had so many things racing through my head. What was I supposed to do? How am I supposed to tell everyone?

(Y/N): "How am I supposed to tell Pyrrha?" My head fell into my hands and I wept. Tears flowed down my cheeks like an endless river. There was no way I could tell her.

Timeskip - 2 Weeks

My house was warm yet empty. Flames danced on the logs in the fireplace. It was only a matter of time until they got here. A knock came to my door. The door opened to reveal all of my friends except Pyrrha.

Ruby: "Hey (Y/N)!!!" Ruby ran up to me with a hug. I returned it with a quick hug of my own. Each one of them entered with a hug or a handshake. They all got comfortable in the living room.

Weiss: "So why did you want to see all of us?" That feeling of dread returned and I fought back the tears. I walked over to a chair and sat down.

(Y/N): "I have some bad news to tell you guys." Worried faces replaced their usual smile. "I'm dying."

Ren: "What?!" His calm and collected nature was replaced with worry.

(Y/N): "My chest was hurting for the past two weeks so I went to the doctor. They ran some tests and it came back with bad results. My heart is slowly destroying itself." Everyone at this point was in complete shock. I would be to if your friend told you they were dying. "The doctors don't know what's causing it and therefore can't be treated."

Nora: "Can't they do anything about it?" I shook my head. I could see tears in their eyes.

(Y/N): "The doctor told me to spend whatever time I had left with the ones I care about." Jaune walked forward and stood in front of me.

Jaune: "Then what about Pyrrha?" A small sighed escaped my lips.

(Y/N): "You all know how I feel about her. I don't want her heart to be broken by this. She doesn't need to know about it. That's why I didn't tell her to come here." Jaune balled his hand into a fist and struck me.

Yang: "Jaune!!" Yang ran up to him and restrained him. He tried his best to break free from her grip.

Jaune: "You're one of the most important people in her life and you just want to cut her off!!" I got to my feet and coughed. My mouth tasted a small trace of blood. "She deserves the right to know!! So she can spend her time with you!!"