Mortality Isn't Bad

This is a Specter Male Reader x Ruby requested by 5p3ctr3.

(Y/N)'s POV

Presence: "You have failed us Specter." Their voice rang in my head clearly.

(Y/N): "I know and I will accept your punishment." I felt some sort of energy leave my body.

Presence: "You will be stripped of your immortality and be cast out into the world of Remnant. Be greatful you still have your powers to defend yourself." I bowed my head in shame. "Goodbye old friend."

My eyes closed and I could feel the air shifting around me. Within moments I was teleported away.

Timeskip - Forest Near Patch

I opened my eyes and noticed my surroundings. I was surrounded by a lushly thick forest. While I walked through the forest, I tried to find some sort of shelter. While walking I thought about the events that transpired.

My hands had slain that of an innocent because of Eclipso's tricks and now my immortality was stripped away and I banished to this planet. I didn't know what to do. Would I ever be able to prove my worth again?

A cry of pain echoed from further within the forest. I raced through the forest and stood within a clearing. A red hooded girl sat on the ground holding her ankle while beast circled around her.. Even though I no longer have my title I will still protect the innocent. I jumped over the hoard of beasts and landed right next to her.

Girl: "Who are you!?!"

(Y/N): "I vowed to protect the innocent." I extended my hand and flames erupted into the form of a scythe. My hand clutched the flames and my scythe materialized. "And I shall uphold that vow even if it no longer bounds me."

I leaped forward and began to attack. There were a multitude of monster, but they were no threat to me. I slashed one in half and I extended my free hand focusing on the ground. Spikes erupted from the ground and impaled some of the beasts.

I jumped over an incoming swipe and decapitated it. Two more charged me as I stood ready for the attack. I heard gun fire and the beasts dropped dead as the reached me.  I looked around to see the rest of the beast retreating back into the forest.

My scythe caught fire and dissolved while three people emerged from the forest running towards the girl.I walked towards them and listened in on the conversation.

Girl: "Are you okay Ruby?!"

Ruby: "They got my ankle, but I'm alive." Upon drawing closer, one of the men pointer their gun at me. "Don't shoot him Uncle Qrow!!"

Qrow: "Why?"

Ruby: "He's the one who saved me." He nodded and put his weapon away.

Qrow: "Fine, but I've got my eye on you." I stepped forward and knelt down next to the injured girl.

(Y/N): "Are you alright?"

Ruby: "If it weren't for you I would have been dead by now."

Guy: "Not trying to be rude here but who are you?" The blonde headed man was speaking to me this time.

(Y/N): "My name is (Y/N) (L/N)." He nodded and extended his hand. I extended mine and shook it.

Tai: "Taiyang Xaoi Long. Thank you for saving my daughter."

Qrow: "Qrow Brawan."

Yang: "Yang Xaoi Long. I'm Ruby's older sister."

Tai: "Now, how are we gonna get Ruby home?"