Fallen Heart

This is a Fallen Pyrrha x Heartbroken Male Reader x Female Jaune requested by Corruptprophet777. I do gender bends once in a blue moon. Female Jaune's name is Joan.

(Y/N)'s POV

Grimm raced through the school ruins chasing people. My scythe cut down a beowolf front of me. It was absolutely chaotic. Where was everyone at? What about the defenses?

I keep running and praying to Oum I could find her. That she was okay in all of this mess. A javelin pinned a beowolf to the wall in front of me. Pyrrha appeared from around the corner and yanked it free.

(Y/N): "Pyrrha!!" Her eyes widened in shock. My feet carried me to her and hugged her.

Pyrrha: "What are you doing here (Y/N)?! Why didn't you evacuate?!" I pulled away from her and grabbed her hand.

(Y/N): "I was looking for you. We have to go now. Grimm are pouring into the school by the second." I tried to pulled her with me, but she stood still. Her expression saddened. "Pyrrha."

Pyrrha: "I can't (Y/N). There something I have to do." She looked at the top of the tower. The tower resonated with a red light. "My destiny."

(Y/N): "Stop talking crazy Pyrrha. We have to ge-" Her lips pressed against mine cutting me off. Our arms wrapped around each other. She pulled away and struck my neck with her hand.

I feel to the ground barely conscious. She grabbed her scroll and pressed a button. She placed it next to me and walked away. My vision was fading, but I heard her last words.

Pyrrha: "I love you."

Timeskip - 6 Hours

(Y/N): "Pyrrha!!!" My body shot forward with beads of sweat falling from my face.

Joan: "Ahhhh!!" Joan was sitting up in her seat. Her eyes spotted me and gasped. She ran to me and tackled me with a hug. "You're awake!!!"

She clung to me like her life depended on it. Tears stained my shirt while I held her. My hands stroked her back until she finally calmed herself.

(Y/N): "What happened Joan? Where are we?"

Joan: "We're in a medical tent within the limits of Vale City." She let go and looked me in the eyes. "Beacon fell to the Grimm."

(Y/N): "What about Pyrrha?!" Joan's face turned sour at the mention.

Joan: "She's.....She's....." Joan tried to say it, but the words were caught in her throat. Fear and hurt took grip of my heart.

(Y/N): "Why?" Tears fell onto the bed I sat upon. Joan brought me into an embrace in an attempt to comfort me.

Joan: "It's okay *hic* to let it out." My grip on her tightened along with the feeling in my chest. My teeth gritted against each to stop me from screaming.

Why did it have to be this way?

Timeskip - 3 Months

Joan's POV

Times have been tough ever since Beacon fell. We've all had a hard time coping with Pyrrha's death. (Y/N) took her death the hardest. He isn't like he used to be.

I haven't seen his smile in who knows how long. He blames himself for not stopping her. I try my best to help him, but he hasn't gotten better.

Ruby joined us on our travels. We were heading to Mistral Academy. Our group stopped for the night and set up camp. My eyes watched the embers dance across the night sky while I stood watch.