Who You Are

This is a Depressed Faunus Male Reader x Blake requested by Golden_Mask626. You'll be a cat faunus. Story idea given by requester.

(Y/N)'s POV

It was the first day of school for me. I was excited to meet new people and make friends. Mom and dad told me to be on my best behavior. The school bus came to a stop in front of our house and I got on it.

My feet carried me down the aisle trying to find an empty seat. There was an open spot next to a girl. I was going to sit next to her, but she placed her bag on the spot.

Girl: "Sorry, it's already taken." I slightly nodded and walked farther down the aisle. This same exact interaction continued until I got to the the end of the bus.

The seats were slightly worn and some springs protrude from the sides of them. I sat down and looked out the window. My parents waved at me and I did the same while the bus moved forward.

The bus kept driving and stopping at houses until we finally reached the school. Everyone rushed off the bus except for me. I took my time and walked out slowly.

It was the first day of Vale Middle School and I was determined to do my best. I entered the building and walked around trying to find my class. After a few minutes I finally found it and the bell rang.

Teacher: "Everyone take a seat and get your notes out." People quickly took seats while I was still trying to find one. A majority of the seats were already taken. I walked towards the back and found a lone desk.

I sat down and started to take my notes. The class was quiet for the most part and people only talked to answer a question. After a couple hours, the bell rang and everyone went to lunch and recess.

I grabbed my food from the line and walked around the cafeteria. People gave me looks, but didn't stare for to long. I could feel my shyness start to take affect. My feet carried me towards a nearly empty table.

When I sat down, the other people got up and left. I sat all alone at the table. My hand moved the fork around my food and I slowly ate. I finished my food and got up with my empty plate. It was placed in the trash and I went outside.

There was a group of kids playing kickball. A small smile spread across my face and I walked up to them. They all stopped playing and looked at me. A boy walked forward and spoke up.

Boy: "What do you want?"

(Y/N): "I was wondering if I could play kickball with you guys?"

Boy: "We don't wanna play with you."

(Y/N): "What? Why?"

Boy: "Nobody wants to play with a filthy faunus." I could feel the venom coming from his voice.

(Y/N): "B-But I-" The boy placed his hands on me and gave a shove. I fell to the ground and scraped my knees. I looked up at him with tears in my eyes.

Boy: "I said leave freak!!" My lip was trembling with sadness. I got up from the ground and ran away from them. My knees were burning, but I didn't care. I finally stopped behind a lone tree and curled my legs to my chest.

Why couldn't I be friends with people?! Why did being a faunus make me different?! Why do they always hate me?!

It happens no matter where I go. No matter what school I've gone to. It always ends up the same.

(Y/N): "Why did it have to be me?" Tears flowed down my cheeks endlessly. "I just wanted friends."

Timeskip - 6 Hours