Reality

This is a Male Reader x Pyrrha requested by CheeseMaster8. Takes place in an AU. AU stands for Alternate Universe. Story idea given by requester.

(H/T) - Home Town

Pyrrha's POV

The tower atop Beacon exploded causing glass and metal to fly everywhere. I used my Semblance to lift all the gears and cogs into the air. Cinder looked around in surprise. They slammed down into her and I sighed in relief.

The cogs began to glow an orange light and I refocused onto the pile of metal. An explosion erupted from the pile and I felt an extreme pain in my heel. I collapsed and noticed a glass arrow protruding from my achilles heel.

Pyrrha: "Ghhh!!" I tried to stand up but all I could do was kneel. Cinder looked at me with pity in her eyes.

Cinder: "Such a shame. Trying to obtain power that was never truly yours to begin with." A bow of glass appeared in her hand along with the arrow she notched into the string.

Pyrrha: "Do you believe in destiny?"

Cinder: "Yes." She let the arrow go and it struck my chest in the center. I tried to draw breaths, but all I could do was gasp the air. She walked up to me and placed her hand against my temple.

A searing pain enveloped my very being and I could feel myself slipping. It was as if I was floating into nothingness. My eyes finally closed and I drifted off into a white light.

......I'm sorry everyone......

(Y/N)'s POV

It was another long night at the lab. Everyone keeps telling me to take a break, but I'm so closing to cracking it. People thought dimension travel was a hoax, but I'm gonna prove them wrong.

(Y/N): "Alright, last test for the night." I grabbed an apple from my basket and placed it on the small metal alter. Multiple switches were flipped and my hand was on the lever. "Lets hope this is it."

The lever went downwards and the machine came to life. Electricity surged from the machine and into the rods around the apple. The apple began to distort and slowly disappear.

Red lights flashed around me and sparks flew from machines all around me. The system shut down and the power killed. After a few minutes it came back on and showed the apple. Half of it was missing.

(Y/N): "It's progress, but I don't wanna be sliced in half." A defeated sighed escaped my lips and I check the equipment. Some of the computers blew fuses, but most of them were fine.

I flipped all the switches off and left the building. I was the lead technician at (H/T) Tech. We were charged with developing technology to advance society and its people. It was hard work, but fulfilling.

I got into my car and started the engine. My car left the parking lot and I drove towards home. It was a typical Wednesday night. Nothing exciting except the stars in the sky.

I finally got home and parked my car. The door opened and I got out. My head turned towards the sky and watched the stars dance across the sky. One of them slowly fell towards the earth.

(Y/N): "A shooting star?" The star kept falling and didn't seem to be stopping. It was headed straight towards me!? "Oh shit!!"

I ran away from my house and got as much distance as I could. A bright light erupted behind me and I dropped to the ground. I waited for an explosion, but it never came.

I got up from the ground and cautiously made my way back to my house. The light slowly fade with each step that I took. When I got back to the house I couldn't believe what I was seeing.