War of Peace

This is a Salem's Son Male Reader x Elm requested by Xaj130. Story was given by requester. Sort of an AU. AU stands for Alternate Universe.

Third Person POV

Long ago a war raged on. Between the Grimm and humanity. A senseless war of death and loss. Many thought this war was endless. Never to see peace. Then came a faithful encounter.

Salem, the queen of Grimm. (F/N), an ex-Atlesian Officer. When they met in the forest, she didn't trust him at all. She knew what a human could do if given the chance.

Yet the man did nothing to her. Rather he asked her if she wanted to talk. This caught her by surprise. She didn't talk to him at first, but instead listened.

He told her stories. About his adventures through life. She was infatuated by his stories. So much that night quickly fell on the two.

(F/N): "It seems we must part ways." He stood from the fallen log they sat upon.

Salem: "Will I see you again?" He looked at her and smiled.

(Y/N): "Tomorrow." He turned and walked away from her. A small smile crept its way along her face. Something inside of her ignited.

The two continued to meet with each other at the same spot. Days turned into weeks and weeks turned into months. Everyday they grew closer and closer to one another.

Soon that closeness blossomed into affection and that affection turned into love. The two wed and shortly after she bore a child. The child's skin and hair were like his mothers yet he held his fathers features.

News of this speared throughout Remnant and peace reined over all. It was a time of prosperity and joy. No more fights and bloodshed. However, all of it was short lived.

Timeskip - 12 Years

(Y/N)'s POV

I sat at the table eating while dad was in the living room reading a book. Mom was out handling some sort of situation. It was a rather peaceful night. A rough knock at the door scared me.

I ran to the living room and father caught me in his are. He raced upstairs and went into his room. The closet door opened and he placed me in it.

(Y/N): "What's going on dad?!" Another loud bang came from the front door.

(F/N): "Do not open this door or make a sound no matter what happens!! Do I make myself clear (Y/N)?!"

(Y/N): "Yes Papa." He closed the closet door and ran to the the bedroom door. Dad fell back into the room and two men walked in.

Man #1: "Leaving so soon?"

Man #2: "The fun is just beginning."

Dad tried to strike the first guy but he dodged it and kneaded dad in the stomach. I watched the second guy pin dad to the ground. The first man pulled out a knife and hovered hit above my dad's chest.

Man #1: "Goodnight." He plunged the knife into his chest and my dad writhed in pain. I burst out the door and rushed them.

(Y/N): "Leave him alone!!" The first man let the knife go and backhanded me. He stood up and grabbed myeby the neck. I struggled to breath.

Man #1: "Goodnight little freak." He cocked his fist back and shot it forward. The fist stopped an inch from my face. Black tendrils ensnared him and the second man. Mother rushed through the door and knelt next to dad.

Salem: "(F/N) stay with me!!"

(F/N): "Salem..." I ran up to them and knelt next to dad.

(Y/N): "Dad!!" He looked at us smiling.