Bucky - Where is he?

(Y/n) had enough. She tapped her foot against the tiled floor waiting for him. It's been a week since he had been gone. She's cleaned the house at least 5 times. Dusted the windows 6 and waited 168 hours for his arrival.

She hated it when he had to leave but she knew it was for the sake of it. (Y/n) knew he couldn't send a letter all the time but this time it started to worry her. His missions normally didn't last this long and if it did he'd tell her.

It wasn't until (Y/n) sat in the waiting room of the police department shaking when she knew something was wrong. She was driven there with Steve only to be sat down waiting to see what happened to her boyfriend and Steve's best friend.

"Excuse me ma'am?" She looked up to be met with a jacket. Tears welled up to the point where she kneeled on the floor sobbing with Steve right next to her crying as the man spoke. He took the jacket and wrapped it around the both of them as they cried.

"Lieutenant Evans, that jacket is used for evidence" One of the police men said only to be stopped with a hand. "They'd gone through enough, let them be"

"Steve, he's not coming back" (Y/n) sobbed as she held the jacket tighter. "I know he won't"

- Fast Forward 2017-

"Steve" Bucky called out as the blonde man passed by him. "Yeah?" Steve sat on the chair across from Bucky. Bucky sucked in a breath and sighed. "(Y/n)....who is she?" He asked shaking lightly trying to remember about the name.

"She was your girlfriend. You two had a house together and you....y-you were going to marry her. You spent all your money on a ring and couldn't stop talking about it. When you "died" she was heartbroken. She never gave up hope on you since they never found your body" Steve spoke and began to have tears welled up.

"That's what this is for?" Steve looked up and saw that Bucky had a box. A worn out velvet box. The fabric had small torns and holes in it along with its shade that has darken through out the years. Steve's tears flowed down his face as he stared at the box.

"W-was she beautiful?" Bucky hesitantly asked. "U-uh yeah" Steve took out an old picture out of his pocket. The sides were yellowing and stood in the picture was the three of them. Bucky kissed (Y/n)'s cheek while Steve's hand was draped over her shoulder with his other hand in a thumbs up sign.

Bucky took the picture and examined it as Steve looked at the small box with the ring still inside that rusted with age. Bucky smiled which caught Steve's attention. He wiped his eyes and looked up to Steve.

"She was 20 when we met. She was (H/C) and had big (E/C) eyes. Her fathers name was John and her mothers was Mary, and I was going to marry her"