Steve - "Theres a thing called love"

Unwanted touches and squirming away was a normal thing for her. If someone ever touched her shoulder she would quickly retract. If someone said a joke, she would laugh but promised herself to not get close. With family was the same, she vowed to not tell too much in fear of them finding out.

Crushes were another thing. She hated having them. She knew that she would never be with them so there would be no point in liking them. Steve on the other hand loved everyone. Giving gentle touches as a sigh of approval. And small hugs throughout the day to those who worked hard for what they do.

He wanted to hold a full profound conversation with his fellow avenger but couldn't because she would either shut them down or just completely ignore his calls for her. Others like Clint say that she'll come around but other like Bruce would say "She just doesn't want to talk".

And those things that they would say would break his heart a little bit more. He knew there was someone inside of her that wanted to break free but she didn't allow that type of freedom. Yet today was today he wanted to find that person.

-

"Hey (Y/n)!" Steve called out running to the girl. She began to speed walk not wanting to talk to him. Steve jogged closer as he went in front of her. "Can we talk? Just you and me?" (Y/n) shook her head and held the black binder filled with notes closer to her body. "Sorry Steve I can't talk right now, I have some things to do"

Steve persisted and moved closer to her. "You're lying. Bucky lies a lot about his dreams and tells me how they're not related to his PTSD but I know he is. Just like you" (Y/n) sighed and knew there was no way of getting out of this. "If were going to talk we need to talk in private okay?"

Steve nodded and led her to one of the more private lounge rooms. The room was followed with a few bookshelves with couches and a TV. "Do you hate me? Cause you don't want to talk to me half of the time" Steve said facing (Y/n). "I don't have you Steve...I really don't.
It's just hard for me"

"To communicate? Is someone messing with you? You can tell me I won't-" (Y/n) gave a small smile as tears began to well up in her eyes. Sniffling she wiped her arm against her eyes to dry out some of the fallen tears. "No I'm fine it's just....I can't be close to people"

"You can't be affectionate is what you mean?" Steve asked holding her hands in his. "Yes...I mean no. Yeah no because I got close enough to this one person and I wish I realized they were just using me....as a joke" (Y/n) said as more tears fell.

"I'm sorry to hear that" Steve said. "It's just hard to not love people...I want to it's just I can't with more people wanting to take advantage of me!" Steve stood up and hugged (Y/n) who sobbed. "I can't love people Steve! I hate it when they want to love me back when I can't! There's a thing called Love and I don't have it!" (Y/n) sniffled as Steve tried to hush her sobs.

   "I'm a person too...I deserve to be loved!"