Chapter 2: Surprising Hero

Asami POV

I've been following M/N for awhile now and he really has shown no signs of being the Dual Bender. I'm broken from my train of thought though as I see a little girl crying in the middle of the street, I then see a car coming around the corner at full speed. Everybody is yelling for the car to stop, but when I see whose driving it I know there's no use, it's the Triple Threat Triad. They aren't going to stop, there going to fast even if they wanted to. Then I see a flash of F/C and see M/N standing in front of her. I couldn't believe he was doing this. Then as the car approaches I see M/N get in an earth bending stance and at the last second creates a ramp that sends the car flying over both of them and it lands on it's side. I see the 3 get out and all look towards M/N and the girl, but again to my surprise he steps in front of her and stares down all 3 Triple Threat members, and then they attack, but as they do I realize who is going to win this fight. M/N simply sends an earthquake towards them making them all stumble and fall, but what he does next not only shocks me, but everybody around too, he sends fireballs and kicks with F/C fire coming from the end, he completely decimated the three of them in a matter of seconds. I still don't know much about him, but I do know now that he is one damn good fighter. I see him walk over to the little girl, who looks like an orphan. He picks her up and calms her down, then walks over to a fruit stand and gets her an apple and banana, then heads off still holding her. I smile slightly at this, he really isn't the kind of person Tenzin warned us he could be.

*TIMESKIP*

Asami POV

About 15 minutes later we arrive at an orphanage and M/N puts the little girl down walks inside with her and comes out 10 minutes later. I follow him for about another 20 minutes before seeing him walk down an alley, 'I wonder if he's meeting with the other dual bender?' I follow him only to be grabbed and thrown against a wall "Who Do You Work For!? Why Are You Following Me!?" "I-I..." "Well!? I'm Waiting?!" "I-I'm Asami, I was following you to see if you were the dual bender ." I close my eyes hoping to not be hit, but to my surprise he lets me go. "Wha-" "You know who I am, you saw me fight, so now tell me the REAL reason you were following me?" I sigh "Fine, Korra and Tenzin, her airbending master, want you to teach her the new kind of bending the prophecy said you would have." Now he looks relieved but still seems upset "So you just want to use me like the rest of them?" Now I'm starting to see why he didn't want to help us "We aren't going to hurt you, you could probably live at the temple if you trained her, and I'm sure we could all be friends." I smile, he seems to loosen up but still has a cold look in his E/C eyes. "Tell the avatar if she wants me to train her, she needs to find me herself, I'll be here until the morning 2 days from now if she finds me by then, then I may train her." I just nod and he turns to leave, I think about saying something but decide against it and walk out of the alley towards air temple island.

Your POV

About 10 minutes after I walked away from Asami I hear a scream coming from around the corner I run to see what it is and i see a girl probably around 8 being dragged away by some masked men. I then turn and see a woman running away with 2 other kids yelling at them to go get this "Tenzin" guy I keep hearing about. I then turn back to the men.

You: "Hey!" They all turn to look at me. "Put the girl down and you may leave with all your bones intact." They just look at each other and laugh. They put the girl down and tie her to a pole then turn to me. I just smirk and take my stance. They rush all at once, I'm able to take down the first one by grabbing his arm and flinging him into the wall. I then grab the next ones kick and charge my fists with electricity and electrocute him, then I jump over the next one and charge my hand with F/C fire a punch him square in the back before he could even turn around. I look at the other two and while one charges the other hesitates and I earth bend quicksand below his feet and then close it up so only his head is above ground and turn to the last one and realize he is about two feet away and before I could react he grabs my shoulder with that gloves and electrocutes me. I don't scream though as I don't want to scare the girl or draw unneeded attention but he doesn't stop and I soon realize what i need to do.

You: "Close your eyes!" I yell to the girl and as soon as she does I begin to redirect the electricity into my finger tips and touch the man right on his jaw line, he screams and drops. I fall to my knees in exhaustion and in pain my bad knee is killing me and now i have a hole in my shirt and a burn mark the size of my head on my left shoulder. I slowly get up and walk over to the girl and untie her and take the towel from her mouth.

Ikki: "THAT WAS AWESOME! YOU WERE ALL BOOM! SPARK! CRA-!" Jeez even after being kidnapped shes like this. "You need to be quiet" I say as I cover her mouth. "Can you stand?" She seemed to have a large bruise on her temple. She tries to stand but falls, I catch her and end up carrying her.

You: "Where do you live?" I ask quietly.

Ikki: "Air Temple Island. My names Ikki by the way" She says and points towards a white marble tower on an island out in the bay.

You: "Okay, I'll take you there, just get some rest okay, Ikki?" She nods and closes her eyes. 'Just great, how do I keep getting involved with these people?' Then I hear the voice again ' You've had a very interesting day M/N.' 'Yea I guess so.' 'Maybe you keep running into these people for a reason?' 'Maybe,but I can't worry about that right now, I need to get this girl home and find a place to rest. My knee and shoulder are killing me.' 'They could help.' 'Maybe, I just don't know right now though, okay?' 'That's fine, it's your choice.'

*TIMESKIP*

Your POV

I use my firebending to fly over the bay and land in the courtyard and hear crying.

You: "Ikki, wake up, your home." I shake her gently, she slowly wakes.

Ikki: "Thanks sir." She tries to walk but stumbles again, but catches herself this time.

You: "Here I'll help you inside." I say as pick her up again. I bring her towards the crying guessing it's her mother. I set Ikki down when we enter.

Ikki: "Hi mom." Ikki says smiling. Her mom and dad then run over to her.

Pema: "Ikki! Oh my gods I was so worried, what happened? How'd you escape?!"

Ikki: "He saved me." Ikki says pointing at me. I just simply smile and wave. I was about to turn around to leave before I hear Ikki's mom.

Pema: "Where do you think your going young man? You just save my daughter and walk away without me being able to thank you?" I turn to face Pema and step into the light, and they all gasp.

You: "What? What is it?" I say looking around.

Pema: "y-y...your shoulder..." Pema points. I look down and sure enough my left shoulder and chest are both bleeding pretty bad, and on top of that my knee finally gives out and I fall to the ground and my vision starts to fuzz and then I black out hear Ikki and her mom calling me.