Chapter 69: Death

Korra POV

Victor: "W-what?" M/N begins walking towards him, then his pupils become bright F/C and his irises turn to that sparkling silver... Then he disappears, and I see him standing right behind Victor. Then he drives his claws through his chest and sends a wave of fire, blasting him into a nearby wall. Then he turns to Xyla.

You: "Your turn." Then he begins walking towards Xyla, but as he does I see the F/C in his eyes begin to flicker, something was wrong... He disappears again, Xyla instantly turn around thinking he'd appear behind her again, but he doesn't, he shows up right in front of her as she turns around, and waits there.

Xyla: "Where are you!?" She screams looking around for him, then he taps her shoulder and she whips her head around, only to have M/N sink his claws into her stomach.

You: "I gave you a second chance... You should have taken it, and forgotten all this." Then he was about to pull them out, but she reaches out and grabs his arm. "What are you doing?" She laughs, blood seeping out of her mouth as she does.

Xyla: "Finishing the job..." Then I see the large machine's glowing sword swing down, taking off her arms and his other hands claws in the process. This time M/N falls to the ground, his F/C pupils and silver irises now back to their normal E/C. He stays there, on all fours looking at his severed claws, then the machine grabs him by the wrists.

Dr. Vexx: "Say goodbye to your precious avatar... Wolverine..." Then he looks over to me, his head laying slack to the side.

You: "R-run..., y-you can't b-beat him now..." Then his head flings backwards and I see 3 small drills begin drilling into his claws.

Dr. Vexx: "Yes... You have no idea how long I've waited to take your healing ability and make it my own..." No... I can't let this happen! I enter the avatar state and begin sending large boulders of earth towards it, trying to knock the top of the machine off so I can get to him. I'm finally able to get a small hole in the machine, then I send a sharp piece of earth towards it, aiming for the maybe inch or two wide opening in it. I see it go through, and pray that it hit him... Then the drills stop and they machine collapses onto the ground, M/N rips his arms from the device then rolls over onto the ground and begins coughing. I run up to him and kneel down beside him, he looked horrible, the end of his now severed claws were still red hot from the sword. His face was extremely pale and his eyes were all glassy. I pick him up and earthbend myself to the bay, then waterbend myself over to the temple, hoping Kya was still there... I rush into the temple and towards the tubs, screaming for anybody as I do.

Korra: "Kya! Anyone! I need your help!" I run into the room and lie him down in the tub, he cringes and grunts as his wounds hit the water.

You: "What the hell is going on...?" He says, slurring his words together as he does, droplets of blood also come from his mouth as he speaks. Then the door fly's open and I see Kya and Tenzin both rush in.

Tenzin: "What happened to him?" He asks me as Kya rushes over to his side and begins healing him.

Korra: "I-I don't even know... I-it all happened so quickly... All I know is that some machine cut off his claws then drilled into them, I don't know what for though." Then I hear M/N grunt and he sits up a bit in the tub.

You: "H-he wanted my healing ability..."

Korra: "What use would he have for it, he's old, he's no longer a fighter." He chuckles, but then stops as he begins coughing up blood.

You: "B-because... It makes you immortal..." What?! He must have seen the expression on my face because he holds up a hand trying to calm me down. "D-don't worry, I-I've pushed it's limits too much... I definitely am not immortal so don't worry, m-my body's too broken down already... But he wanted it so he would, well, age in reverse... He would become young again and be able to live forever as long as he doesn't do the dumb shit I've done... Plus he doesn't have the metal in his bones like I do, I would have died a long time ago without Gaea and my ability to heal." Then he falls back unconscious...