Chapter 46: Kuvira's Weapon

Korra POV

After M/N's outburst Tenzin, Wu, Izumi, and Raiko agree that we should lead a small scout team to go see what kind of weapon Kuvira has made. Bolin, Mako, Asami, M/N, and myself head out to where reports of Kuvira's army had been made. But as we enter a valley, I hear a rhythmic thumping.

Asami: "What is that?" She asks looking around.

Mako: "It's a pattern of some kind."

Bolin: "Yea, maybe it's just a herd of something."

You: "No, those, those are footsteps." What?

Korra: "M/N, no offense, but to make footsteps sound that loud it would have to be..." I trail off when I see some kind of metal giant come out from behind the mountain.

You: "It would have to be huge, is that huge enough?" He says staring at it.

Korra: "Uh, yea, that's big enough." It stops walking and aims some kind of tube at us.

Bolin: "Guys I know what happens next and we don't want to be here when that happens! Move!" I send Oogie into a dive, barely dodging the beam. We turn around and head back towards Republic City, then I hear the sound again, I look back and see a beam of light only a few hundred feet away. There's no chance of dodging it now, then I see M/N stand and turn to face the beam, he extends his hands and the beam stops. It just hits a wall and stops, then I see M/N take one hand and point it to his right, while the other stays pointed at the beam. A few seconds later I see a beam come from his hand... He was redirecting it... The beam becomes smaller and smaller until it vanishes. Then M/N collapses.

Your POV

Gaea: "What were you thinking!?" I look up to see Gaea's misty form standing in front of me, and see that I'm atop the mountain overlooking... home.

You: "What? What did I do?"

Gaea: "Don't lie to me M/N! I know you were thinking about absorbing that beam just like you did with lightning!" Ohhh, damn, this isn't gonna end well.

You: "Because, I'm going to need it when I face Valek! Ok!? I can't beat him..." I say hanging my head.

Gaea: "Not alone you can't." I look up at her, she wasn't implying that?

You: "No, I've seen what happens to her if she fights..."

Gaea: "Most visions of the future come true when you try to avoid them... Did you ever think that she looked like that because he killed you and she had to fight him alone?" I sit for a minute, was she right? "Even if she gets hurt, or worse, as long as Valek is defeated." What!?

You: "NO!! I Am Not! Nor Will I Ever!! Put Their Lives At Risk To Help Fix MY Mistake!!" I scream at her. "Meelo, Ikki, Jinora, Pema, Tenzin, Lin, Sue, Opal, Wei and Wing, Kya and Katara, Sky, Mako, Asami, Bolin, and Korra... As long as they're safe... I don't care what happens to myself. If I die, then I die... But I'll be damned if he lays a finger on even one of them! Do you understand? I'm doing this alone..." She sighs, but nods.

Korra POV

You: "No... I won't put their lives at risk, for my mistake... Meelo, Ikki, Jinora, Pema, Tenzin, Lin, Sue, Opal, Wei and Wing, Kya and Katara, Sky, Mako, Asami, Bolin, and Korra... As long as they're safe... I don't care... If I die, then I die... I'm doing this alone..." I hear most of it as he mumbles in his sleep.

Asami: "Korra? What's he talking about?" She asks me. I sigh, it's time they knew.

Korra: "He's been haunted by some spirit called Valek. It's made up of all the evil energy he's gotten rid of over the past few years, and of all the evil people he's killed... It shows him things, and one day it's going to choose a vessel and use it to kill him... and myself... I'm guessing he's talking to Gaea about it right now."