Chapter 10: Phoenix

Your POV

Crap. I see at least 15 airships throughout the sky all wearing the equalists symbol on the sides. While most of them are above the city or the docks, 2 of them turn to make their way towards the island.

Korra: "What should we do? We can't just leave Pema and the kids unguarded, but we also can't just let the city be destroyed."

You: "Don't worry. We won't be doing either." I look back to see what we've got to work with, and I'll say I've had worse. "Ok, here's what we're going to do. Korra, Mako, Bolin, and Asami head into the city. Tenzin, you get Pema and the kids out of here. I'll hold them off until your off the island then I'll follow you guys into the city." I say looking at Korra and the others. Tenzin nods but as he's ushering them inside Pema screams.

Pema: "Ahh! The baby's coming!" Oh you have got to be kidding me right now.

You: "Ok! Change of plans! Tenzin, once that baby's out, then if you could be so kind. Get the hell off this island as quick as you can." He nods and helps Pema inside. I turn back to Korra and see Lin running up the steps.

Lin: "We couldn't get the message through! They cut the lines before we could contact the united forces... we're on our own for now." Oh, well that's just what I needed right now.

You: "Ok, so we got Pema giving birth, 15 airships throughout the sky, thousands of equalists soldiers throughout the city, I have a hole in my back, a police system who has had a third of their soldiers bending taken away, and now no reinforcements. You know I gonna be honest, still not the worst situation I've been in." I say chuckling towards the end. "Korra, you guys need to go help the city, I'll stay back to protect the island then follow you when I can."

Korra: "Are you sure about this?" I sigh.

You: "No, I don't know if you can handle them." I swear I could see the steam coming from her ears right now.

Korra: "Oh, mr. tough guy huh? Ok, we'll see who needs help in the end." And with that they take off for the city, but Lin stays behind.

You: "What are you doing?"

Lin: "I ain't letting you fight alone kid, you'll need help and you know it." Ok, so maybe a little help won't hurt.

You: "Ok stay here I need to grab something." She nods and turns back to the ships approaching. I run up to my room and begin looking for my sword. 'Where the hell is it?' It was my dad's old sword, F/C and (2nd F/C) around the edge of the blade, I then remember one of the old tricks I put into it. I summon the blade and it comes flying from the closet into my hand I strap the sheath around my shoulder and tie it tight. 'That was rather clever to carve out the inside of the handle and put metal there instead' I hear the voice say. 'Thanks, it comes in handy when you lose it.' (You can metal bend the sword into your hand like jedi's do with the force. That's what I'm trying to say). As I'm running back though I feel something collide with the side of my head and everything goes black.

*TIMESKIP*

Your POV

I awake and here fighting outside. I run into the courtyard to find Lin, and the 3 kids fighting the equalists, I hear Pema still screaming. Meaning she hasn't given birth yet. So I couldn't have been out that long. I walk into the courtyard and the fighting stops. I stare right at a man with dual batons standing in the back of the fight.

Lieutenant: "So... you must be the mythical "Dual Bender" huh? I'm not going to lie, I expected more." How dare this idiot invade "my" home.

You: "Leave. Now." I must have sounded as terrifying as I thought when I see the soldiers back up to my words.