Chapter 52: The Other Side Of The Family

Korra POV

Korra: "What? Are you saying that there's someone else behind this too?" He looks over to me and nods, then turns back to Valek.

You: "So? Who was it? Who sent you?" Valek lies there, not flinching.

Valek: "Just end it! You won! Now kill me!"

You: "Tell me who sent you."

Valek: "Either way I'm a dead man. If I don't tell you I die, but if I tell you he'll come for me and I'll die extremely painfully."

You: "Who. Sent. You?" Valek breathes deeply, I can see M/N's energy was fading, his legs were beginning to shake.

Valek: "On one condition. How did you know there was someone else?"

You: "When you powered up. You took the power that allowed you to heal, if you were trying to destroy the world you wouldn't have done that. I figured out your only goals were to kill me and Korra. You were clearing the path for someone. The spirit also told me that unnatural phenomenon would happen before he came. That never happened. So, who is it?"

Valek: "You already know. I'm sure the spirit in you mentioned him at some point."

You: "I was never given a name... What's their name?" He chuckles darkly.

Valek: "Kronos... Now, kill me before he finds me." M/N looks away and extends the claws through his throat." Then he collapses next to him.

*TIMESKIP*

Korra: "How's he doing?" I ask Katara as I enter the healing chambers.

Katara: "He's staying alive... That's about as positive I can be right now." I nod and sit down across from her. I notice his face had a new scar running across his forehead. And his arms were littered with now very noticeable streaks running jagged across them. His chest was wrapped up in bandages so I couldn't see how those holes in his chest had healed up. I begin helping Katara heal him. "You know, there may be a better way you could help him."

Korra: "What is it? I'll do anything."

Katara: "Go to the spirit world, and find his sister. She's healed him in the past, and right now she's our best chance at getting him back. I don't hesitate and take off towards the portal without thinking. As soon as I enter I spot the tree of time and the two other portals. But the first spirits I see are two girls playing around with a ball of ice. One looks about my age while the other looks a few years older. I also see a middle-aged couple sitting near the creek where the two girls were playing. I figured it must have been a family that have all passed. I walk over and ask the couple first.

Korra: "Hey do you guys know where I could fiii..." I rub my eyes and look again, the guy, he looked so similar to M/N.

???: "Hello." He says with a smile. "What could I help you find today miss?"

Korra: "Wha? I-I, who are you?"

???: "I'm (dad's name) L/N. And this is my wife (mom's name)." he says gesturing to the woman sitting next to him. Yup, that ensures it. These are M/N's parents.

Korra: "By any chance are you related to someone named M/N?" they look at each other, and laugh?

Mom: "Well, considering he's our son I'd say we are. That means you must be the avatar huh?"

Korra: "Yup, I'm Korra, nice to meet you."

Dad: "Ah... So, you're the girl. Sorry, it's just I know M/N thinks about you... a lot." He says laughing.