Chapter 50: The Ancient Ability

Korra POV

They continue trading blows going back and forth, but something was off about how M/N was fighting? He seemed to be taking unnecessary risks, yet he also seemed to be dodging more, trying not to take as many hits. Finally, Valek lands a large hit on him, sending him flying into the ground in front of me... That's why... I notice his arms were covered in cuts and bruises... He wasn't healing... That's why he was trying to dodge... He releases his claws and fly's back up towards Valek and they continue. This time he takes the offensive, pushing Valek back... But I knew it wouldn't work, Valek could heal himself too after all.

Your POV

Valek: "Admit it M/N! You're going all out and you're still no match for me! And I'm not even trying yet!" What?! No... I'd say he was bluffing, but I realize he's right... He's not even breathing hard yet...

Korra POV

Tenzin: "What is he doing?! Why did he stop fighting!?" I knew Valek had said something again... And it stunned M/N, giving him enough time to send him flying into the ground, but he doesn't stop there, he fly's down and sinks his claws into M/N's chest. I feel paralyzed, why can't I move?! I see M/N lying on the ground writhing in pain and coughing blood as Valek twists his claws when he pulls them out. Blood seeps from the sides of his mouth as he lays there, then Valek fly's up again... And comes flying down full-speed towards him, driving him into the ground. A minute later he fly's back out of it and lands between the hole and myself, and smiles. Then lava shoots from it... No...

Valek: "And so ends the reign of the king... Now it's time for the queen..." He begins walking towards me... This was it, I had to beat him, I couldn't let M/N die in vain. I power up to enter the avatar state, then charge Valek.

Your POV

Gaea: "Let Go." I look around and see I'm standing above Earth, on some kind of glowing bridge.

Dad: "M/N! Let Go Of Her!"

You: "What? Dad?"

Mom: "Let Go M/N!"

You: "Mom? Let go of what?"

Evelyn: "Let go of Korra M/N... It's the only way..."

You: "What?!"

Gaea: "You Must Let Go Of Your Earthly Attachments NOW!!"

You: "No..."

Gaea: "Either you let go of her or the world ceases to exist!!"

Evelyn: "What would she want you to do?" I sigh.

You: "She would want me to do what's best..."

Laura: "Hang on to her M/N... never let go..." I look around and see Laura.

You: "Laura...?"

Laura: "Hang on to those you love... I am going to help you... I won't let you die M/N... There's so much left for you to do in this world..." Then I feel it, a power surge through me. "Now, let's do this. Together." I nod, and the bridge falls, sending me back towards Earth.

Korra POV

Damnit! I can't keep this up! He's too fast for any earth or waterbending moves! I eventually get backed up into a corner of debris.

Valek: "And so, your story ends... The legend of Korra... Is no mo-" He's cut off by a shaking of the ground, then I see lava spew from the crater again... And M/N floating above it, wearing a tattered F/C shirt and black pants. He opens his eyes... To show his normal bright F/C pupils, but his iris's... There a pure blue. Then I see a spirit behind him... His sister. "What?! How Many Times Do I have To Kill You!?"