Chapter 6: Breaking Out

Disclaimer: I do not own The Legend Of Korra or Avatar the Last Airbender, all characters go to their rightful owners.

Your POV

I awake with tears on my face again. That dream, that stupid nightmare keeps haunting me. Although it felt different this time. Almost like there was another presence in it. I shake the thought away and try to stretch but am stopped by something around my wrists, cuffs. I look around and notice I'm in a room with my hands and ankles in chains and I also feel something hanging around my neck. I try and metal bend the chains off but realize they're platinum, so I then try and heat it up enough so I can bend the metal and slip out. Except I can't create a flame, not even a spark.

You: "Damn, they chi blocked me when I was out." I have developed certain ways to avoid being chi blocked over my years of being captured, or on the run from assassins. It involves bracing the certain pressure points where they attack. It still weakens your bending, but allows you to continue fighting.

???: "So, your finally awake?" I look towards the door and see a tall man dressed in a long black coat with a hood and mask covering his face.

You: "Who are you?" I ask venomously.

???: "Well, it seems the avatar failed to truly inform you what's going on in this city. I am Amon, and I am the leader of the equalists. We fight for equality, something you benders seem to have forgotten."

You: "How is it the benders faults?"

Amon: "They oppress the non-benders! They simply use us for their dirty work!"

You: "I'm going to tell you two things, Amon. One, benders are born with the ability, they can't help who they are. And two, you're going to let me out of here before I break you and everybody else in this place." He simply laughs at me, he has no idea what I'm capable of. I hear him to tell the guards to chi block me every hour to make sure I stay weak and he walks away.

*TIMESKIP*

Your POV

I hear the guards open the door and I begin bracing the points. They simply come in and poke each of the spots and turn back around. I wait until the door closes. Then try and summon a flame, and sure enough a F/C flame appears in my hand. I start to heat up my hands and feet. I do this until I hear the door open again, and brace the points and they repeat the process poking the same pressure points and walking out. I definitely feel the heat weaker but I can still produce it. Almost an hour passes and the metal has shifted into a thin oval shape. I slide my hands and feet out and rip off the metal collar they had on me. I then wait until they open the door again and I take off. I run right between them, but as soon as I get outside I see multiple equalist members already in fighting stance. I look at the floor and walls, Platinum, I smirk and begin to charge electricity through my fists. Then as they run at me I punch the floor and see them all jolt and collapse. I take off through the hallways, any equalist members that see me I immediately take out before they can radio backup. I eventually find the stairs and use my firebending to fly up the spiraling staircase to the top. I see it's simply rock and earthbend it out of the way and see a car drive over. I jump out and take off running towards the police station.

Korra POV

We arrive at the police station and see Lin talking to one of her officers. Tenzin and I run up to her.

Korra: "Have you seen M/N?" I ask, she gives me a puzzled look. I realize she's never met him.

"He's about 6'1" ish, has H/S H/C hair, E/C eyes, and has a little scar right here." I point right below my eye. She shakes her head no. I sigh and look at Tenzin and see his eyes go wide.

Korra: "What? What is it Tenzin?

Tenzin: "What if Amon has him." Oh no...

Lin: "Is he a bender?" I roll my eyes.

Tenzin: "He is more than that, he is a dual bender, one of two parts. He can bend Earth and Fire, and seems to be able to do more than that. I have never seen him fight but from what Ikki told me... He is extremely skilled." I see Lin's eyes go wide, she must be shocked she didn't know of this.

Lin: "Well I don't know where he is, but I can help you find him. I nod. We come up with a search plan and are about to head out until I see M/N bursting into the police station. He looks a bit beat up but nothing more than some light scratches and bruises. I see his shoulder is still wrapped, but the bandages look bloody.

Korra: "M/-" I'm cut off by him rushing up to Lin.

You: "Who and where is the Chief of Police?" I see Lin raise an eyebrow at him.

Lin: "Right here, your lookin' at her." I see him sigh in relief.

You: "I'm guessing you know about some guy called Amon, right?" Lin nods slowly.

You: "Then get a force and follow me, I just broke out from one of his warehouse underground, and from the looks of it, it was at least 5 stories deep." I see Lin go a little wide eyed at this.

Lin: "Why should I tru-"

You: "I don't have time for this crap! If you want to take out one of Amon's warehouse get a force and follow me!" Lin looks at me and I nod.

Lin: "Ok, give me five minutes." M/N nods and goes to sit outside. I was about to go talk to him but feel Tenzin's hand on my shoulder. He shakes his head and says I should talk to him after we take out the base.

*TIMESKIP*

Korra POV

We arrive at a road with a hole in it and M/N earthbends the hole wider to show a door and a spiraling staircase down, he heads to the bottom of 5 floors while Lin's metal benders scope out the others. We find 4 floors of Equalist tech and weaponry, but the bottom floor has cells full of benders of all types, I finish helping one to the top and see M/N kneeling next to a little girl crying and sitting on the edge of the ambulance. He's talking to her like he understands everything she says. I see him stand but before he walks away she hugs him, and he takes something out of I see a gold bracelet with a red diamond in the shape of a flame on it. He hands it to her and lift her back into the ambulance and waves to her through the windows as it drives away. I walk over to him and was about to ask but he starts.

You: "Is that all of them?" I nod. I see him relax a bit and walk over to one of the cars and sit on the bumper.

Korra: "How did you get out of there? That place looked like an underground fortress." I ask. He shrugs and explains in very little detail how he melted the chains and took out the guards. He then looks at me.

You: "Why were you at the police station" He asks me bluntly.

Korra: "Well, I woke up and Tenzin said you were missing, I remembered you were out star gazing and thought someone captured you." He looks at me confusingly.

You: "Why were you looking for me?" He says putting an emphasis on 'me' like he didn't even matter.

Korra: "I told you, were not like the others you've met. We care about you." I see him studying my eyes, I'm guessing he's looking to see if I'm lying. "And plus, you still need to train me, I say chuckling. He laughs softly at that one. Though I still see a look in his eyes, somethings hurting him. The dream, I almost forgot about it.

Korra: "Somethings bugging you, I see it in your eyes. He looks at me and I see tears in his eyes.

You: "I know, and I know you've seen it, but that's only the beginning. I'll tell you the rest when we get back to the temple, that is, if I'm still staying there?" He looks at me and I nod smiling.

Korra: "Of course you are. You'll always be welcome there." He nods but still looks rather sad. I don't know what he'll tell me, but I know it's going to be hard, on me and him.