Chapter 33: Rue Krauss

Korra POV

You: "What!? Why would I help you?! And why do "I" need "your" help?!" The woman walks up to M/N.

Rue: "Not here. We must go somewhere private." M/N seems to debate this before retracting his claws.

You: "Fine, but if I even think, that you are plotting anything. I will end you myself." The woman nods and follows.

*TIMESKIP*

Senna POV

We all arrive back at our home, which I don't like her knowing where we live. Especially with M/N seeming so on edge with her. We all enter the dining room and sit down.

You: "Ok, let's start with why you want my help." The woman nods.

Rue: "It's Zagan." M/N's claws shoot out.

You: "I killed him."

Rue: "No, you didn't. He survived, barely. He's made himself into some insane being. With his ability to steal powers to the touch..."

You: "He has mine..." The woman shakes her head.

Rue: "Yours were different then. Although I don't know why?"

You: "It's because my sister gave me her powers to help me..." He trails off and his eyes widen, he's just realized something.

Korra: "M/N, what is it?" M/N runs his hands through his hair before speaking.

You: "If he has my sister's powers... I don't know if I can beat him... Her, abilities... Being a waterbender, she could grow her arm back if she wanted to. How am I supposed to beat somebody who can literally regenerate themself?"

Rue: "M/N. You and I both know your lying." M/N looks up, but seems shocked not mad. "You don't think you can beat him because your hurting... badly." M/N seems even more surprised after she finishes.

You: "Wha? How?"

Korra: "Wait? What? Your hurting? Why didn't you tell me!?" I see M/N shy away from Korra's wrath.

You: "Korra, I didn't want you to worry about me. You need to be focused on getting better. Not on me."

Korra: "M/N, I don't want you to keep lying to me like this. It's not good for, well, us." M/N sighs but nods.

You: "Ok."

Rue: "Ok then. Now that that's out of the way, we can get down to business."

You: "Ok, how did you know that I've been having pains?"

Rue: "Are the pains inside? Like, are they below the surface of your skin?" M/N thinks before responding but nods. "Ok, and do they feel like something in there is, well, falling apart?" M/N sits back in his chair, but nods again. The woman sighs. "I knew it... He messed up. Big time." M/N leans forward again.

You: "What? Who messed up?"

Rue: "Well, I'm sure you all know of Professor Vexx?" I see Korra, M/N, and my husband nod slowly. "Well, him and I understood how to perform what we did to you. It was no experiment, it would work. The experimental part was the stuff he, not me, he put in your head. I never wanted to use you like he did. But the Black Lotus had the resources I needed to perform it. So, I did."

You: "That still doesn't explain what's wrong with me."

Rue: "When Zagan tried to "fuse" that new metal into you. It didn't. It didn't fuse, it simply stuck to the other metal, but now, with all the wear and tear and stress you've put on it. The bond is breaking... I can help you. I have created a substance that will conjoin the two metals into one... But, you would have to go through the same procedures as before."