Chapter 55: A Retelling Of The Past

Korra POV

As we're all eating a man walks up to me along with a group of his buddies.

Man: "Hey baby, why don't you ditch that piece of trash next to you and come play with a real man?"

Korra: "Um, excuse me, who are you?"

Man: "The names Bernard. Why don't you come on back to my place? My parents have a large house not too far from here, we can go there and have a little fun, if you know what I mean." I hear a plate break, and look over and see M/N's fork lodged between the two halves of the plate. Then I see his eyes beneath his hat, they had a F/C ish tint to them... Oh, this isn't going to end well.

Bernard: "Uh oh, did I make the peasant mad? Huh little guy?" I feel the room heat up.

Korra: "M/N... Calm down."

Bernard: "Yea, listen to the girl asshole. Trust me, you don't want to mess with me. I'll kick your ugly ass into next week." He says, then flips M/N's cap off, revealing his F/C pupils shining beneath. "Oh wow, you're more f*cked up than I thought. Are you saying you like this?" He says looking at me.

Korra: "I don't know who the hell you think you're talking to but you might have mistaken me for someone who's willing to deal with your bullshit."

Bernard: "Wow, forget coming back to my place, you're a bitch." Then I feel a wave of heat rush by. I look back and see M/N, his head still tilted down, but his eyes were locked on to Bernard.

You: "What did you call her...?"

Bernard: "I called you a peasant, this one a bitch." He says pointing at me. "And that one a whore." He says pointing to Asami. Then M/N disappears, oh crap.

Korra: "I suggest you leave. Otherwise you may not be able to move again for a while." He just laughs.

Bernard: "No offense babe, but I don't think that mess could do any kind of damage to me."

You: "Oh really? Care to test that?" M/N says, now standing right behind him, his eyes still glowing.

Bernard: "What the hell?! How'd you get behind me!?"

You: "I don't know, but I suggest you listen to her and leave."

Bernard: "Well, you see, I just can't do th-" He stops as M/N begins extending his claws.

You: "Now, wouldn't it be a shame if I, my clumsy peasant self, tripped on something and accidentally stabbed you?"

Bernard: "If you're planning on killing me you'll never get away with it!" M/N just smiles.

You: "Oh, you'd be surprised at what I can get away with." Bernard looks over to his gang of friends, who all seem just as scared as he is.

Bernard: "Yea, well, this place is lame anyways." He says walking away.

You: "Hey."

Bernard: "What?"

You: "Pull up your pants." As if on cue his pants fall to the floor, his belt landing in two pieces.

Bolin: "Bad. Ass." I hear Bolin say. M/N walks back over and puts his cap on again, then goes back to eating as Bernard runs out of the restaurant holding up his pants.

Mako: "I gotta admit dude, well played." M/N smiles and goes back to eating, back to his normal self. We talked all about what each of us had been up to recently, but a lot of them for M/N were about his fight against Valek, especially from Bolin. Yet, he never seemed to accept the credit of it. He would always push it off. It was like he didn't want to get attention from it. We continue to eat and eventually decide it's time we all got some rest. The manager even gave us our meal for free, which was good because I think M/N ate about 1000 dollars' worth of food. When we get back home I decide to ask him about why he never took credit for beating Valek.