Chapter 4: I Think I'm Going To Like It Here

Asami POV

I get up earlier than usual to head to the air temple with Bolin and Mako since there going to pick up Korra for their Pro Bending practice, and to see how M/N doing. Jinora told us that the spirit said he'd lost many close friends and family in the past and that's why he seems somewhat distant from people. She said he didn't want to get close to anyone because he was afraid he'd get them hurt. I am then broke from my train of thought by who else but Bolin.

Bolin: "We're sooo close Mako. One more win and were in the championship!"

Mako: "Don't get cocky Bolin, we still need to win tomorrow night."

Bolin: "I know, I know, but still... Imagine it Mako. 'The Fireferrets have won the Pro Bending Championship and the crowd goes wild! Go Bolin! We love you Bolin! Bolin you're the best!'" I just laugh as Mako chuckles.

Mako: "No offense Bolin but I don't think just be screaming about how much they "love" you." I see Bolin frown in response and just laugh again at his antics. If there was one thing Bolin was good at, it was making people laugh.

*TIMESKIP*

Asami POV

We arrive at Air Temple Island around 7:30 and walk up to the dining table. I see Pema, Tenzin, Korra, and the 3 kids but no M/N.

Asami: Where's M/N?" I ask politely.

Pema: "He's still sleeping. I was about to go wake him for breakfast but would you mind? I'm sorry but the baby's been kicking more often recently.

Asami: Of course, Pema, no problem, but where's his room?" She points me towards it and thanks me but I just wave it off. She really is too nice for her own good sometimes. I get there and knock but don't hear a response so I quietly open it and am met with one of the funniest scenes I think I've ever seen. There's M/N with no shirt, his shorts around his knees, one sock on, hair sticking out everywhere, his feet where his head should be, the sheets are laying on the floor next to the bead, and 2 of the 3 pillows are on the ground next to the wall. I immediately burst out laughing and M/n wakes up and falls off the bed with a thud. I hear him groan as he sits up and looks at me.

You: "What's so amusing Asami?" He asks me with a slight slur in his voice, probably from just waking up. I just point at him and yell "You!" I say still laughing hard.

You: "Hey, that's not very nice." He says getting up only to trip on his shorts that were still around his knees and faceplant just as Korra and the others show up. I hear M/N groan again and the rest of them start laughing as hard as I am. I eventually have to lean on the wall to stay standing as M/N tries to stand again.

You: "I hate mornings... And shorts." He says in a sarcastic tone. Now even Tenzin seems to be laughing hard. That is until Pema comes barreling through, I was surprised at her moving so quick.

Pema: "Why didn't any of you help him up?" We all just shrug and stay quiet until Bolin pipes up.

Bolin: "Because we were too busy laughing." He says confidently. Pema shoots him a glare. I think I even see M/N flinch.

Pema: "You should be ashamed, he can already barely walk with his knee, and his shoulder is still in horrible shape." Now I look down along with what I feel like everyone else does until I hear M/N speak up.

You: "Yea, I'm just a 16-year-old boy, I still need help getting out of bed and walking to the kitchen when I have a boo-boo." He says smiling, the sarcasm blatantly obvious in his voice. Now I hear everybody, including Pema and M/N, start laughing again.