Chapter 40: I Deserve It

Your POV

I duck, jump, dodge, and block their first barrage of attacks. I'm able to get out of the circle they had around me. They were about to attack again when I hear the siren, a few seconds later I see a police satomobile appear around the corner followed by 4 others closely behind. The men flee back to the alley they came from. The 5 of them stop in front of me.

Policeman: "Freeze! Put the swords down and your arms above your head!" I drop the swords and raise my hands. They cuff me and throw me in the back of a satomobile. About 20 minutes later the doors open and 5 guards lead me into an interrogation room. I sit there for another 20 minutes with my arms cuffed to the table and my ankles cuffed to the chair. Then I hear two sets of footsteps walk in.

Lin: "Alright, do you want to explain to us what happened?" I recognize the voice as Lin's. I shake my head no while looking down so my hood covered my face. Then I hear a man's voice.

Policeman: "Listen kid, I don't know who the hell you are, but if you think not speaking will make it all better it won't. You're looking at 90 days in the big house right now." I chuckle lightly. "Hey! Is there something funny here?"

You: "Yea, there is actually. If you think a jail cell will hold me, you might be the most idiotic person I've ever met." I hear Lin gasp.

Lin: "It can't be...? M/N?" I look up and she gasps again. "Kid... What happened to you?"

You: "I uh, ran into some people, who, well, let's just say we had different viewpoints." She nods.

Lin: "Do you need anything?" I look down at myself, I notice my sweatshirt is wet and shining from the blood.

You: "I could use a doc. I'm pretty beat up under this." I say referring to my sweatshirt. She nods again.

Policeman: "Wait? So that's it? We're just going to let him go!?" Lin turns to the man.

Lin: "This "kid" has saved your life more times than you know! And he's my nephew! I suggest you watch your tone with him and Me!" The man gulps and nods. I smile at him, I swear you could see the smoke coming out his ears right now.

Policeman: "I'm sorry chief, but we can't just let him go." Lin thinks for a second before turning to me.

Lin: "Why'd you do it? I'm sure you did it for a reason."

You: "I took down that guy last night because he was harassing... Chelsea!" Oh crap! I completely forgot about her! Those men could have got her. I quickly heat up my hands and ankles then melt through the cuffs fairly easily.

Lin: "M/N!? What the hell are you doing!?" I run over the door and take off down the hall. I hear Lin yelling at the men to hold their fire.

You: "Send people to where you found me!" I yell as I run out. I send fire from my feet and take off.

Korra POV

I'm sitting in my room overlooking the city, then I see it. A blur of F/C comes whipping around a building. I jump up and run downstairs, then jump in a boat and waterbend it towards the city. He's back, the real M/N's back.

Your POV

I land in the parking lot and run in. I don't see the receptionist anywhere.

You: "Hello?" A short man with glasses jumps up from behind the desk and fires an arrow at me. It grazes my shoulder. "Ah! Damn! What the hell is your problem?"

Man: "Oh-I, I'm sorry, I thought you were with those men." Oh no.

You: "Where'd they go?" The man points towards Chelsea's room. Shit, they're already here. I run down the hallway and hear her screaming.