Chapter 14: The Beginning Of The End

Korra POV

It's been about 2 weeks since M/N's fight and he's almost back to full health. We are about to sit down to eat dinner when M/N walks in.

Asami: "Hey M/N. Feeling better?"

You: "Yea, feeling a lot better. Although considering I did have 5 holes in my side 2 weeks ago that's not exactly a high bar to jump over." I hear everybody chuckle. "So, Korra said you guys needed my help with something and now that I'm almost back to 100 percent I figure I should start helping, or at least know what it is." I explain to him how Unalaq backstabbed us and is trying to start a war with the Southern Water Tribe and how Harmonic Convergence could possibly free the spirit Vaatu. Although when I'm finished explaining I see a small scowl on his face.

You: "Unalaq? I know that name from somewhere."

Tonraq: "Well he is the chief of the Northern Water Tribe."

You: "The Northern what?" What? Did he not know there were two tribes?

Korra: "M/N did you not know there were two tribes?" He shakes his head no.

You: "I grew up in a small town in the Southern Earth kingdom. I've only ever heard of the Southern Water Tribe. Although maybe I just don't remember being taught about it. My memory of my childhood is a bit fuzzy." I see everybody nod knowing what he's talking about. "So, why did you bring me down here?"

Tonraq: "We need your help protecting the citizens and the village, the North has far more resources and stronger weaponry than the South, and I've heard from the kids and from Korra how You've taken down armies. I understand if you don't want to help, but we may need it." I see M/N looking at the floor.

You: "I will, on one condition." I see my father nod

Tonraq: "What do you need?"

You: "I need Sky protected, and I'm gonna need boats, lots of them." I see my father think before answering.

Tonraq: "We will keep Sky here, where she will be the safest, as for the boats. I believe we have 7 ships armed and ready in case they are needed." I see M/N nod.

You: "You got a map?" I see my dad nod and go grab a map of the Southern Water Tribe's land and sea territory. "Ok, we are gonna need to send out a scout team to see how much force Unalaq's bringing in with him. We can take the bison and be back before they are." I nod and Bolin, Mako, Asami and I head out on Oogie to locate the fleet. M/N stays back to help with the planning.

*TIMESKIP*

Korra POV

After we find and identify the fleet we fly back to meet with M/N and my dad.

You: "What'd you find?" I turn to Mako, he's the one who seemed to know the most about the ships.

Mako: "There were 17 battleships along with 8 unarmed cruisers."

You: "Supply ships... There looking for a battle. How long did you fly out until you found them?"

Mako: "4 hours there, 4 back." I see M/N nod and begin thinking about something.

You: "You said we had 7 ships, right?" he asks looking towards my dad. He nods slowly. "That's not going to be enough. Do you have a radio?" My dad motions us to follow him to the top of a watch tower.

Tonraq: "It's signal can reach anyone, anywhere in clear weather." M/N nods and adjusts the dial and begins speaking.

You: "Hello? Is this the United Forces Navy?" I know that's not going to work we've already tried.