Chapter 48: Good Luck

Korra POV

Korra: "M/N!!?" I scream as he flies off towards the weapon. He lands under the hand right before it hits. "NOOOO!!" I scream as the hand... stops? I don't hear it make contact with the metal. Then it pulls away and I see M/N leaning against its leg next to the hummingbird. It swings down again, this time though, I hear a ping, but no crunch that I expected. A few seconds later the hummingbird fly's out, only to be swatted out of the sky and onto the ground, then the top of a building comes down onto the weapon, it stumbles, and steps on it, crushing it. I see M/N looking up to the head of it. Then jumps off as the hand swings down again and flies back to where I was. When he lands though I see him grimacing in pain. "What's wrong?" I ask him. He shows me his hand, all along his palms and fingers I could see the metal of his bones protruding out. "What happened?" I ask him as the wounds begin to close.

You: "I stopped a 3-ton metal arm, I'm guessing it literally squished anything that wasn't infuse with that metal."

Korra: "Speaking of that, how did you?" He smirks at me.

You: "I may not be able to bend platinum, but I can move it. I slowed it down right before it hit me." As he finishes Lin and Sue land behind us.

Lin: "Did it work?" I nod.

Sue: "Then there's no time to waste. Wei and Wing stay here and keep trying to distract it, keep it from destroying the city." They nod and take off.

Korra: "Let's finish this." Everyone nods and we take off towards the weapon. We are all able to get in it and decide who's going where.

Sue: "Lin and I will take out that cannon." I nod and they run off.

Mako: "Bolin and I will go try and cut its power source."

Bolin: "Yea! Let's do this!" Bolin yells as they run off. Then I turn to M/N.

Korra: "What are you going to do?" I ask him, he shrugs.

M/N: "Kick ass." He says smiling. "You go take down Kuvira, I'll make sure no one interferes." I nod and we take off.

Your POV

I finish taking down the last of the soldiers and feel the floor shake. Then it explodes. A bright purple-ish light envelops everything. Then I'm out.

Korra POV

I land hard onto the ground and look over to see Mako and Bolin exit it and Lin and Sue walk up. But no M/N.

Korra: "Has anyone seen M/N?!" I ask them. They all shake their heads, I look back to Kuvira, but see her running into the vines.

Lin: "Go get her, we'll find M/N!" I nod and take off after her.

Your POV

Damn. I look down and see my forearm was, well, gone. Nothing was left except for the grayish silver of bone and the tendons holding it together. I clench my teeth as it heals back together. I make a fist a few times, it still hurt horrendously, but at least I have an arm. Then I hear Korra yelling, I take off towards it without even thinking. When I get to her, she's blocking the beam of energy in front of Kuvira... I smile to myself, she did it, she spiritbent the blast. Then another explosion.

You: "Oh come-"

Korra POV

I exit the portal with Kuvira and see everybody looking around.

Jinora: "Korra!!" Jinora screams and runs up to me. I look around, but don't see M/N anywhere. I meet with everybody asking if they've seen him, nothing. I feel my heart sink when I realize it... He's not be coming back... He was gone... M/N, please, please don't leave me... Then I feel the ground shake, and there's a blast of sparkling F/C. I see something in the middle of it, but it's too bright to look directly at it. When the light dies down I see...