Chapter 5: Past

Korra POV

???: 'Korra.'

Korra: 'Hello? Who's there?'

???: 'You will know in time. Do you wish to know of M/N's past?'

Korra: 'Why? What happened to him?'

???: 'Many things, Raava. Many horrible things.'

Korra: 'Why did you ask me if I wanted to know?'

???: 'Because he needs help, and I believe you are the best suited to help him, but I am afraid that his past may be too much for you too handle, he has been through more than you could imagine.'

Korra: 'Why me? I'm not spiritual or anything. You should ask Jinora instead.,

???: 'Korra. I do not have much time, I have already contacted Jinora. He wouldn't let her help. I need too know Korra, yes or no.'

Korra: 'Fine I'll try.'

???: 'Be prepared it is a scene you would want to forget.'

*SCENE FADES*

Korra POV

I am transported into a metal room which seems to be underground somewhere. It is empty except for a chair with some kind of restraints on it. The room is very poorly lit and has a staircase in the corner, a door on the same wall but on the other side, and finally 4 faded windows that each look into another room. Each room has a single table and flickering light bulb in it. I start to walk towards the door before I hear the voice again.

???: "Do not go through that door Korra."

Korra: "Why? What's behind it?"

???: "It's not what's behind it. It's what happened in that room. M/N will need to tell you that when he feels ready."

Korra: "Uh... Ok? Where are we and what is this place?"

???: "Come here and look child, although I warn you, this will hurt, even for you."

Korra: "Ok." Then I see a scene start to play. I here a door open at the top of the stairs and see 3 men walk down in blood red robes. I swear I recognize the symbol of the red flower from somewhere though? I look back and see about a 10 year old M/N strapped into the chair. I then see the largest man remove his robes and pull out some metal coil from within his robes.

Korra: "What's going on?" I look to see the spirit it looks like a young woman made from a white mist. I see her look down and close her eyes tightly. Then I hear it... the crack of a whip. I look back just in time to see M/N scream. "What Are They Doing To Him!?" I see the whip hit him again across the chest. "Why Are They Doing This!?" I scream at the spirit.

???: "They are looking for his sisters. They attacked his village... They killed everyone except for him, his two sisters, and his parents. He gave himself up to try and protect them but..." I see her pause.

Korra: "What happened?"

???: "His sisters got away... but they got his parents." I see her point towards the window M/N is currently facing and see a tall black haired middle age man also strapped to a chair, but I see water up to his knees and a metal rod hanging from the ceiling by a metal string.

Korra: "So... That's his dad?" I see the spirit nod sadly. I hear the whip crack again and turn back to the scene to see M/N crying and I see the 2nd largest man take off his robe and bend down to him.

Man 2: "Where is the other dual bender?" I see M/N spit at him

You: "Do whatever you want to me. I won't tell."

Man 2: "Oh, we aren't going to kill you." I see him nod to the shortest member and he walks over to a lever and yellow button near the window M/N's dad is in.

You: "Leave him alone!"

Man 2: "Then where is your sister!?" I see M/N look down tears running down his cheeks

You: "I can't tell you."

Man 2: "You made this decision." I see him nod to the shortest man and he hits the button. I see the rod in his fathers room light up with electricity.

You: "NO! PLEASE! LEAVE HIM OUT OF THIS!" I see the shortest man switch the lever and the rod begins to lower. I realize why there water in there now.

Korra: "There going to electrocute him..." I look at the spirit and she nods sadly. I look back towards the scene and see M/N screaming and crying telling them to stop. Then I hear the scream. That blood curling scream. And then the scene shifts. I still see M/N in the chair except this time I see him bleeding... everywhere, he's covered in deep gashes along his back and chest. I look around and see the floor and walls have blood stains on them as well then I look in the window again but only see a short, middle aged ,brown haired woman sitting in the chair. "His mother..." I see the spirit nod again, and just like before they ask him where his sister is and he replies no. I can hear the weariness in his voice though. I see the man go to the switch and pull it, I hear her scream and see M/N flinch.

Man 2: "All this could have been avoided boy. If only you would have told us where she was."

You: "I told you I'll never tell." I can hear the strain in his voice as he says it.

Man 2: "You know, I wasn't going to tell u this but I want to see how angry I can get you."

You: "Go ahead and try, I have nothing left."

Man 2: "Well before we brought your sweet mother down here she tried to escape."

I can see the look in M/N's eyes, I've never seen anger like that.

You: "What. Did. You. Do?"

Man 2: "Oh we just had a little fun that's all." I see M/N's fists clench. I can see the rage in his eyes.

You: "How Dare You Touch Her!" I see his eyes begin to glow.

You: "HOW DARE YOU!!! I'LL KILL YOU!!! I'LL KILL YOU ALL!!!" I see the restraints on the chair break and then the scene goes black.

Tenzin: "Korra?! Korra are you ok?

Korra: "wha-where am I?"

Tenzin: "it's ok Korra. Your on air temple island. Your safe. Now what's wrong I heard you mumbling and your covered in sweat." I look down and see myself covered with sweat.

Korra: "Where's M/N?" I see Tenzin shake his head.

Tenzin: "He disappeared last night I don't know where. I'm going to meet with Lin soon. Would you like to come?"

Korra: "Yes, I need to talk to him."

Tenzin: "Ok, we leave in an hour."