Chapter 34: Zagan's Return

Your POV

No, he can't be, damnit I'm not even close to fighting shape yet, I could barely walk out here!

Kya: "What are we going to do?" I look around to see them all with frowns on their faces. I close my eyes and take a deep breath.

You: 'Gaea? Can you hear me?' It takes a few moments before I hear a response.

Gaea: 'I know M/N, but I am afraid my power will not help you here... You must find a way to tap into that unknown power you have within.' Damnit... I don't even know how.

Rue: "M/N? Can you fight?" I open my eyes and see Rue, although something was off.

You: "Tell me. The real reason you helped me. Now." I say sternly, narrowing my eyes at her. She sighs and I see tears begin to form in her eyes. Weird, I didn't take her for the crying type.

Rue: "He has my son, M/N, he said he'd kill him unless I worked for him... I escaped to find the only person I know who could beat him, you... Please, if you don't defeat him... He'll kill my son..." I see the tears begin to fall down her face. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't shocked. I can't do this to her, she came here to save her son.

You: "Ok, everyone get inside." I say standing up straighter, yet I can already feel the fatigue.

Korra: "M/N, you're not ready yet. Please,-"

You: "Korra, he'll destroy the city looking for us. I need to do this, for you, for Rue, for the people of this village... and for myself." With that I run out and take off towards the city. When I arrive, it doesn't take me long to find him. I spot him in an alley about to kill a woman and who I'm guessing is her child. I fly down and land in between them before he can do anything.

You: "You shouldn't have come." I say viciously.

Ada: "M/N!" Wait? I turn around and see the little boy again.

Zagan: "Ahh... Do you know this man little boy?" Ada nods his head. "Well, I think you should know, he's killed thousands..." I see Ada's face change instantly.

Ada: "H-he's lying, right M/N?"

Zagan: "Yes, M/N? Am I lying?" I look down and sigh, I can't lie to this kid.

You: "No, he's telling the truth." I say looking up at him. He looked so scared... of me... This is exactly what I did not want to become.

Ada: "I-I thought you were a hero... Your nothing but a two-timing trickster! You don't deserve to be a hero!" I swallow hard... "Why don't you go die just like all the people who have because of you!" I swallow, I ball up my fists. I look over to the kid.

You: "I didn't have to come here... I could've just let this man kill you... Yet now I'm probably going to die just to save some spoiled brat." I say to him, then turns towards Zagan.

Zagan: "See M/N? These people don't respect you like I did, like I still do."

You: "I'm not doing anything for you." He tenses up.

Zagan: "Where is the Avatar!? Where is Dr. Krauss!?"

You: "I'll never tell you." I see him release claws from each of his fingertips, each extends a few inches outward. I release my claws too, although I notice that they seem to be coated in something, they shine brighter than normal.

Zagan: "So, Dr. Krauss experimented on you again huh? Don't you think you should turn her over for that?" I look down at my claws, then back to him.

You: "No, I let her help me. She saved my life, I'm not going to just turn her over to you." He growls when I finish.

Zagan: "She's the one who put that metal inside you!"