Chapter 11: The Return

Korra POV

3 months, 3 fricking months since M/N's been captured, and here we are walking towards where we believe he may be, a field so wide you couldn't see the end if you wanted to.

Korra: "There's nothing here! We'll never find him, he's probably either dead, being tortured, or escaped and never wants to see us again!" I yell frustrated beyond compare right now. None of the others fully knew what M/N had been through like I did. I continue to look for any sign of something suspicious when I hear Asami.

Asami: "I think I found something!" Mako, Bolin and I all rush over to see.

Mako: "Uhh, Asami? This is a sewer lid." I see Asami roll her eyes at Mako's comment.

Asami: "Really? A sewer lid in the middle of an uninhabited wasteland, there's no city or town for miles!" She has a point there, and we also haven't seen any others out here.

Korra: "Ok, let's go." Bolin lifts up the lid and instead of a sewer pipe, there's a ladder leading downward. I look to see Asami smirking proudly at Mako. We head down and hear people walking into a room, we find a crevice between the walls with a little crack through it so we could all see and hear. I look around, and see him, there he was, sitting there strapped to a chair, although behind him there was a pool of water, with large needle sticking out in all sorts of odds and ends. I see vials filled with some sort of dark gray liquid surrounding the pool.

*SMALL TIMESKIP* (just skipping Zagan conversation)

Who the hell is this guy? Code words? Brainwashed? Phoenix...? I hear him begin to speak again.

Zagan: "This will hurt so try to relax." What is he going to do? "Freight Car." I don't see a reaction from M/N.

Zagan: "Orange." I see M/N grip the sides of his chair. What's happening to him?

Zagan: "Horse Saddle." I see M/N clench his teeth and eyes shut. What are they doing to him?

Zagan: "Silo." I see M/N's head throw back as he looks at the ceiling.

You: "Stop! Ahhh! You Don't Know What You're Doing!"

Zagan: "Oh I'm afraid I do." I see him smirk behind some kind of thick glass. "Republic." I hear M/N scream, and then he goes quiet, no more struggling, nothing. His head hangs down, his hair had grown longer and falls over covering his face.

Zagan: "Are you ready to Comply Soldier."

You: "Ready to serve." I hear him say emotionless.

Zagan: "Lay in the pool behind you." I see the metal bindings release him from his chair and he gets up and walks over to the pool, I realize he's in nothing but a pair of shorts and his wound looks to have healed up poorly, leaving a large scar. He lays in the pool and I see the needles begin to move.

Asami: "Oh god, they're going to inject him with that metal." I look to see the tubes are connected. I see the needles move in on points around his body. Then they just drill right down into him. I hear him scream and see him begin thrashing, that is until chains lock him down so only his face is above water. I see the metal start to drain from the tubes. I want to help, but, I'm scared, this man, he scared me. I see the last of the metal drain and the needles remove themselves and return to their normal position. I hear them Zagan and someone else talking over the loud speakers.

Zagan: "Vitals!"

Lady: "Sir, there are none, he's dead." I feel my heart skip a beat. He can't be... not like this.

Zagan: "Send in a shock through the water." I see M/N's body jolt.

Lady: "I'm getting a heartbeat! Still no breathing though!"