Chapter 28: The Decision

Your POV

You: "What the hell happened?" I look around and see nothing but whiteness, except for some sparkling blue lines, which seem to split and it creates two paths in front of me. "Oh shit... I'm dead, aren't I?" I say facepalming.

Gaea: "Not yet, young warrior." Whoa. I look up and see 3 people standing in front of me. Along with... Raava and Vaatu? Ok, slow down.

You: "Ok, one. Who are you two?" I say pointing at two spirits. "And two. Why the hell is Vaatu here?" The two spirits seemingly form into two guys. One grows a large beard and transforms into an old man holding a trident, while the other grows a shorter beard and holds a lightning bolt in his hands.

Gaea: "We are the 5 spirits of your world. Land, Sea, Air, Light, and Dark, or as you may know them Gaea, Poseidon, Zeus, Raava, and Vaatu. No matter where you are in this world, one of us is present. And as for why Vaatu is here. He was the one who agreed with me to offer you your life back."

You: "Uhhh, why? Didn't I help kill you?"

Vaatu: "Disrespectful child! I am one of the 5 core spirits of this world! I cannot be killed!"

You: "Oh, uh, sorry." I say scratching the back of my head. "So, uh, why are you guys here? And what do you mean by offering my life back"

Vaatu: "When you fought me. The power you put out, it was rather impressive. Gaea and I believe you are the only one who can defeat who's coming."

You: "Um, ok. Who's coming?"

Gaea: "We will explain, but only after you make your choice." I see the two paths begin to glow. I look to my left and see...

You: "Mom? Dad?" Then I turn to my right and see... Korra... "What is this?!"

Raava: "You must choose. Life, or death." Waaait.

You: "So, you're asking me to choose between Korra, or my family?"

Raava: "I am sorry M/N, but you must choose." No, no I can't. How could I? I look towards my parents, and see Eve and Laura. I reach down for my locket, but remember I gave it to Jinora. Then I look towards Korra, except...

You: "What's wrong with her?" She was crying. And looked alone.

Zeus: "We cannot tell you until you choose a path young warrior." Oh, right, nothings ever easy with spirits. I look back towards my family feel a tear run down my cheek.

You: "I'm sorry, maybe one day. I will see you all again." I step over the line leading to Korra. "There, now tell me what happened to her?"

Raava: "This is what happens if you were to choose death." I see Korra, lying motionless in bed.

You: "I-Is she...?"

Raava: "She would've died of grief after losing you... And because she will have to relearn how walk after the poisons effect on her. She dies in her sleep." I feel myself become sick.

You: "That won't happen because I chose life though, right?" I see all the spirits nod.

Poseidon: "We all know you didn't choose life because you wanted to live. We know you do not fear death. You chose life for that young woman. And now, you must not only save her... But the entire world." Ok, hold up.

You: "Uhhh, what do you mean by save the world?"

Gaea: "M/N, one of my sons has grown reckless. In 5 years' time, he will choose a powerful vessel to fuse with, and use it to inflict pain and chaos on the world. You will know he is drawing close to his attack when unnatural phenomenon begin to occur, such as deserts flooding, or rivers stop flowing, temperatures will fluctuate rapidly. M/N, normally we would have chosen the current avatar for the task. But Korra was raised in protectivity by the White Lotus, and is not the fighter you are, although she very well could be more powerful than you, and most likely will be some day. She has a long road to recovery. In 5 years, we believe you will be the most powerful force on Earth. Over the next few years the avatar will struggle and become weak, yet strong, but she will not be ready to face him. M/N, you must stop my son. Or he will destroy the world. He will kill everybody... Including those you care about." All they spirits begin to fade, and the next thing I know I'm staring at a very shocked Sue.