Chapter 41: The Progressors

Jinora POV

No. I grab his arm and drag him behind me.

You: "Jinora?! What the hell are you doing?!" He yells at me.

Jinora: "I'm taking you to see Korra. You need help M/N. You look horrible." He stays quiet, we walk for another 10 minutes before he stops dead. I feel my arm get yanked back as he stops. I turn around and see him looking up. "M/N? What are you doing?" He looks back to me and I can see the seriousness plastered on his face.

You: "Get down Jinora." What?

Jinora: "What? Why?" He looks up, then back down to me and he jumps on top of me. "M/N!? What are you doing!?"

You: "Stay down!!" A few seconds later a hear thumps and bangs of metal clashing. I also hear M/N grunting every time there's a loud crack of metal colliding. After a few minutes the sounds dissipate. M/N rolls over onto his side. I sit up and see arrows lying all around me. What the-

Jinora: "M/N!!" I stumble over to him. He's lying on his side with at least 30 arrows throughout his legs and back, there's also one sticking out from his head. He groans and tries to stand. "Stay down M/N!"

You: "Why are you still here?"

Jinora: "What? What are you talking about? You have 3 dozen arrows sunk into yourself! I can't just leave you!" He pushes himself up to stand.

You: "I'm not the reason you need to go... They are..." He turns towards the road to our right. I see about a dozen men walking towards us. "Hurry, if you don't leave now they'll kill you."

Jinora: "Bu-"

You: "Go! Now!" I take off running towards home, I need to get to Korra and dad. "Don't turn back! Keep running no matter what!" I round the corner and keep sprinting towards home. I feel tears begin to form in my eyes as I hear his screams though...

Your POV

Well shit, maybe I shouldn't have told her to run. I duck under one guys sword only to have some guy kick my back and send a few arrows even deeper into my back.

Man: "You killed our boss... Now we're gonna kill you." The man walks up with a bat that has barbed wire wrapped all over it.

You: "Who the hell are you people?" I say, obviously out of breath. I'm too weak now to try and hide it.

Man: "I'm Zero."

You: "Oh, that's funny."

Zero: "What? What's so funny?"

You: "That your parents named you after your IQ level." I say laughing slightly.

Zero: "Why you little!" He raises the bat and there's a loud ping of metal, the next thing I know there's a loud ringing noise in my head and everything's all fuzzy.

Zero POV

Zero: "Dumbass. You think your strong? Huh? Your nothing but a cocky bastard!" He sways back and forth trying to keep his balance. "Hey! Vaughn! Tie him up, I'll bring the truck around."

Vaughn: "Don't you think we should just kill him now boss? I've heard he's a master escape artist."

Zero: "No, death is too easy for him. We came here for a reason, he killed my brother! Don't you idiots remember!? We had an army of young men in that volcano, then he just happens to see us kill off one of the weaklings and he goes berserk and kills him! I'm going to make him suffer..."

Jinora POV

I airbend myself over the bay and land in the courtyard of the temple.

Jinora: "Mom! Dad! Korra!" Dad's the first one to appear, he looked like he hadn't gone to sleep yet.