Chapter 32: Do We Get What We Deserve?

Korra POV

It's been 6 months since M/N arrived. I still can't walk, but I've gotten to the point where I can stand and sit down on my own. M/N has been training with me, while I would practice walking, he would be doing some form of workout, whether it be pull ups, sit ups, or some other workout. He had helped me through so many failures without hesitation, and has pushed himself harder than I have. I am currently eating dinner when M/N walks into the room. Although my dad seems uneasy about something.

Tonraq: "M/N, I unfortunately have some bad news." M/N raises an eyebrow at him.

You: "What is it?" He sits down next to me with a concerned look on his face.

Tonraq: "Sue has requested you in Zaofu, one of her Guards went rogue. All I know is that her name is Kuvira, and she has been gaining a very quick following. Sue said she's heard reports of Kuvira heading towards Zaofu, and wants you to be there in case she attacks." M/N seems to think it over before answering.

You: "I don't know. What do you think Korra?" He turns too me questioningly.

Korra: "I think you should go, at least until we know there'll be no violence." He nods and turns back to my dad.

You: "Ok, I'll head out tomorrow morning. Tell her I'll be there sometime tomorrow around noon." My dad looks at him rather confused.

Tonraq: "M/N, it takes half a day to reach Zaofu by airship. Which we don't have. How do you expect to get there in only a few hours?"

You: "I'll fly there myself, it should take maybe an hour or two. When will Kuvira arrive there?" My dad mutters something to himself.

Tonraq: "I think she said something around 2 days, but that was about a day ago, so I'd say tomorrow evening sometime." M/N nods.

You: "Ok, if I leave tomorrow morning I should be there before this Kuvira person." My dad nods.

Tonraq: "We'll gather supplies for you tonight." M/N just chuckles.

You: "I won't be needing any. Thank you though. I'm sure Sue will feed me."

Korra: "Even after the whole sticky bun fiasco?" M/N looks over to me confused. "You don't remember?" He shakes his head. "M/N, you ate at least half their supply of bread in the form of sticky buns!" I say laughing, he has a small blush on his face and rubs the back of his neck.

You: "Oh... Yea..." Everybody else starts laughing with me.

*TIMESKIP*

Korra POV

Me and M/N are currently lying in bed just talking about things. Although he had grown rather quiet.

Korra: "M/N? Is something wrong?" He looks back to me.

You: "I remembered something from my childhood... It was a saying my dad used to say... Laura, she was always picked on in class by all the other kids. In my village, you would go to a knowledge section of school from age 5-9. And a fighting or skills section from 10-15. There were two buildings, it was the first year I wouldn't be in the same school as her. The two schools would still have the same break time though, where you would get an hour to eat or play with friends. It was about a month into school... I was coming out of lunch, and saw 3 kids surrounding Laura... It was the first time I used my claws... They weren't always a metal like you know, they were similar to what a bone looked like. The first kid pushed her to the ground, then the next kicked her in the side... It's not that she was too weak to fight, she just hated too. The next bent down and slapped her... I lost it... I attacked them, I badly burnt two of them and almost killed the third... My sister and I got sent home after. My mom came to walk us home. When we got there, they sat us down in front of them. Yet neither looked mad. My dad said that it was good to stand up for her..." He pauses and swallows before continuing. "He said something to us, well more like asked us. "Do we get what we deserve?" I remember thinking about it all night that night... If we all got what we deserved... What would I get for hurting those kids like that? It was about a week later I lost them..." He looks away and sighs.