Chapter 65: Poisoned

Your POV

About an hour later I finally get through the last door and the last of the prisoners escape through the tunnel Wei, Wing, and Bolin had created. I was about to follow them, then there's an extreme pain in my gut. I look down and see what looked like a harpoon sticking out from my stomach, then it sprouts 5 small extensions and I get yanked back, coughing blood as I do. I get dragged past a few guards, then I see a hooded figure standing to my side when I stop. I begin coughing blood, and feel it trickling from my mouth and nose.

???: "Hello... Mr. L/N..." What the? How do they know my name?

You: "H-how do y-you know that?"

???: "Do you remember me?" They remove their hood and it reveals a girl probably around my age with a scar across her cheek.

You: "N-no..." She bends down to my level.

???: "Think harder." I study her closer, but my vision begins to blur. Wait...?

You: "A-are you *cough cough* T-that girl... from L-lake Laogai?" She smiles and stands up.

???: "Impressive memory... Yes, my name is Xyla, Xyla Church. Do you know why you're here right now F/N?" I shake my head.

You: "I-I saved you... W-why are you doing this?"

Xyla: "Bastard! Sure, you got me out of there, but I saw you flying out later, and while they were looking for "you" they found me, and dragged me back into that hellhole! All you did was make my life harder!" Oh you have got to be kidding me.

You: "S-so you're after me, b-because *cough cough* I broke you out, then they found you?"

Xyla: "No, I'm after you because you're one of, if not the strongest bender in the world. And after I broke out of that living hell I swore I'd get revenge on not only you, but all benders... There's no place for your kind anymore. And don't even think about trying to escape, if you do, well, there's a poison in that harpoon currently lodged in your stomach, it's so deadly that even smelling it could kill you. We had a prisoner put it in there, he died simply because the smallest drop got on his finger, within seconds of contact he was dead." What the hell...?

You: "W-what do you want...?" I ask, spitting out blood as I do.

Xyla: "Think Mr. L/N... Who represents the bending community? Who is the symbol of "all" types of bending?" No... She must have seen the look on my face because she starts to laugh. "Aw, look at the mighty Wolverine lying half dead at my feet! Wonderful!" Then she bends down to my level again. "Just remember, you die if you try to escape." Then she turns around and walks away. "The Avatar will die F/N... Korra will die... and you will be the cause of it." No... I force myself to stand. I-I can't let her hurt Korra.

You: "No..." I say coldly, then begin walking towards her, I drag the man holding the other end of the harpoon across the ground.

Xyla: "Take one more step and you're dead!" I extend my claws and cut off the tip of the harpoon that connected the 5 long barbs holding it in place as I pulled on it, allowing it to slip out of my stomach. "Do it!" As it falls out I begin walking towards her again, only to fall to the ground a few feet in front of me. I look down and see a few droplets of a green liquid in the wound as it heals. I look back up to her as she bends down to my face, then she drags her nail across my cheek, I feel it stinging way more than it should be, then I see her nail had traces of the green poison on it.

You: "H-how...?"

Xyla: "Simple, I'm like you... But my mutation, is poisonous..." Then she gets up and walks away. The room begins spinning, then everything goes black.