Chapter 27: Fight For Her

Korra POV

It all happens in slow motion. I see the 2 guards bend the poison into his back, except they don't stop, they bend 2 whole bowls of it into him. He tries to stand, only to have Ghazan kick him off the cliff. I see him land with a loud thud on the side of the ground. His body is convulsing and I can see the strain on his face.

Korra: "M/N!" I can feel the tears welling up in my eyes. Then his body stops moving. No... I turn back towards Zaheer.

Zaheer: "Now, it's your turn avatar Korra." I see the poison split into 5 sections. I'm guessing one for each of my arms and legs... And one to attack my heart. I can't bend it away, there's nobody coming to save me this time. I close my eyes and prepare for it. I saw what it did to M/N, I knew what was about to happen.

Your POV

Gaea: "Get Up M/N! You Must Not Let The Avatar Die! They Are Going To Kill Her M/N! They are going to kill the one you love..."

You: "No... Not her..."

Korra POV

I feel the poison hit each of my legs. Yet I don't feel anymore. I open my eyes and look up to see... M/N? His face is in obvious pain and his pupils are glowing a shining F/C. He turns around and looks towards the 2 guards. I see 3 different sections of that poison along his back sink into him... He blocked it. I see him fly towards the 2 guards, he embeds his claws into each of their stomachs and then sends them flying with a wave of fire. He turns towards Ghazan next. I feel the poison begin to work.

Korra: "Aahh!" I feel it. Gods, it feels like it's eating away at me. I see Ghazan get sent flying into the wall by a large chunk of earth and M/N fly at him driving both of his claws into his chest. Then I see Zaheer, he was airbending a large and sharp stalagmite right at M/N. No! I feel myself slip into the avatar state.

Your POV

I turn around seeing Korra has broken from the chains and a large stalagmite only inches from my head. I pull my claws out of the earthbender and make a fist with my hand, making the stalagmite shatter. I see Zaheer fly out of a small opening at the top of the cave, with Korra following. 'You must calm Raava! The poison will only spread quicker if she fights!' Ok, let's do this. I take off after them.

Asami POV

We arrive and see the airbenders along with Kya and Bumi exit through a tunnel... And Korra flying after Zaheer. We land the ship farther away and take Oogie in closer.

Jinora: "Dad! Aunt Kya and uncle Bumi are hurt! They need help!"

Tenzin: "Where's... Korra?" Jinora points up and we all look up to see Korra and Zaheer duking it out. Then I feel the earth... shake? I hear a large crack and look to see M/N flying full-speed towards the two. Although he doesn't slow up. He just seems to lower his shoulder and simply rams into Zaheer, sending him flying into the mountain side. Then M/N, what?

Jinora: "Did M/N just?" He karate chopped Korra's neck. I see her begin to fall, and M/N fly down to catch her. He flies over to us and sets Korra down gently.

You: "The poison... It's metal-based. Get Sue and Lin to bend it out of her. Now!" He then takes off towards Zaheer. But as he does I get a glimpse of something flying towards him. Then it impales into his chest. I hear him grunt and fall with a thud. I turn to see, Ghazan.

Ghazan: "Haha, your too late! Now both of your saviors will die!" Then he collapses onto the ground. I see Zaheer fly towards us.

Asami: "Sue! Hurry and bend it out of her! We have company!" I say pointing to Zaheer.