Chapter 43: The Undead Bloodbender

Korra POV

He appears over the stairs, that hood and mask... There's only one person who would dare wear that outfit now...

You: "Amon?! How!?"

Amon: "You thought I'd just go away? You've made it so I have to wear this mask! You and my damned brother Tarrlok." He walks up to M/N, who just glares and him. Then places his thumb on his forehead.

Korra: "No!" I reach out and create an earthquake at his feet, but Nereza just grabs him and flies away. The metal holding M/N back loosens and falls. Then he collapses over onto his side. "M/N! M/N!" He looks up to me, and rolls over onto his hands and knees. He tries to create a small flame in his hand... nothing. But then he puts his hand to the ground, and metalbends it to help him up. "What? How can you still bend?"

Your POV

Gaea: "He cannot take your earthbending away M/N, because I alone have given you the power. As long as we are one, you will always be able to. Only the avatar has the power to cut me off from you."

I metalbend myself up and look over to where they went.

You: "It was a trick... Sue was never the target... They wanted us to come, so they could do this..." Damnit! How could I have been so blind!? Then I feel something slice across my side. I look around to see archers everywhere. "So, the plan was to get us here and weaken us, then take us out."

Korra POV

Korra: "So, what do we do?" He looks down to his side.

You: "Oh... That's what the point of this was..." He looks back to me and holds up a bloody hand. "They somehow took my ability to heal away. Damn." He says as he looks back up. Weird? I would have expected him to be a lot more pissed about that.

Korra: "Uhh, why aren't you mad about it?" I ask him. He looks over to me and smirks.

You: "Alright, this might sound crazy, but just listen... Vaatu trained me to fight through pain and how to win when at disadvantages. So, this really doesn't faze me anymore... Plus," He turns back to the archers atop the buildings. "I don't need it anymore." He stomps the ground and launches himself towards them.

Nereza POV

Nereza: "Are you sure that you took away his ability to heal?"

Amon: "His healing was an adaptation through years of fighting... I can't just take that away. But, I do believe I blocked all cells that allow his regeneration. They feel different than a normal person's blood. And since I didn't take them out of his body, his body won't produce more. His healing has been taken. I am sure of it." I nod as we walk down the dark hall. We reach the 2 large doors at the end.

Nereza: "Remember, let me do the talking." He nods and we walk in.

???: "Well, has his healing ability been diminished?" I nod.

Nereza: "Yes, Lord Hades."

Hades: "Good, you are dismissed."

Your POV

I take out the archers slide down the side of the wall back to the ground. I took a few hits but nothing life threatening. We head to the capitol building and meet Sue locked into a room with her husband, Opal, along with Wei, Wing, and Huan.

Sue: "Oh thank gods you're here!" I look around at each of the guards, none of them look out of place. I sit down across from Sue.

You: "Alright, here's what we're going to do. I want all of you to stay here and keep each other safe. I'm going to take out the leader behind all of this. I would ask some of you to come, but I need complete stealth. So taking any of you would just make it more likely to be caught. Korra, I want you and Tenzin to take anyone you see acting suspicious into questioning, and if anything, and I mean anything, seems to concentrate on one area, they're going to do something there. I guarantee it." I sit and wait for a response, everyone just nods, agreeing with the plan. "Alright, so, do you guys have any idea where their hideout is?" Sue shakes her head.