Chapter 15: The End Of An Era

Your POV

I awake to the sound of a ships horn blasting. I get up and go put on some clothes Korra's parents left for me and walk out, but somethings wrong. Where is everybody? I see Pema, Senna, Sky, and the kids, but everybody else is missing.

You: "Where is everybody?" I ask them.

Senna: "The fights started." What?! Already! How did I not know this?

You: "What? Crap!" I say as I begin running out.

Pema: "Wait M/N!" I stop and turn to face her. "Are you sure about this, they said for you to stay here until your healthy enough to go again."

You: "Pema, I'll be fine. They need my help." She looks down but nods. I run outside to see water and ice flying everywhere and the ships bombarding the city. "Damnit! How'd they break through the defenses so fast?!" Although something was strange. I didn't see a single supply ship. Until I look towards the mountain pass. Hundreds of those mech robots were walking through the pass along with at least a thousand men. I begin to fly up and get a better look at which places need help. I see Tonraq and a few other warriors holding their own at the docks. I see the beach's defenses were still up despite the bombardment of explosives coming from the ships. I look towards the inner city and see it. Korra, Mako, Bolin, and Asami were cornered at an intersection. I also see the doctor. I sigh, knowing this is likely the end of my story. But I fly down to help them anyways. I land with a thud in between them.

Korra: "M/N!"

Bolin: "Thank the lords, not gonna lie, we said we didn't need your help, but we definitely did." He says laughing.

You: "You guys need to leave. Now."

Korra: "What?! M/N there are hundreds of soldiers, you can't take them all on alone."

You: "It's not the soldiers I'm worried about. I saw him... That doctor that wants Sky, he's here. You guys need to go to the mountain pass. I saw an army of mechs coming from that direction. Their supply ships are docked on the other side so they'd stay hidden. You need to go destroy the mountain pass."

Mako: "Dude, we can't just leave you here."

You: "If you don't take out that pass we're all screwed. So, go. I'll be fine." Knowing that it's a lie.

Asami: "You guys go, I'll stay here with M/N in case he needs help."

You: "Listen, Asa-" She leans in and whispers.

Asami: "They aren't going to leave you here alone. I'll stay and help, but I know your fight is with that physco doctor, so I won't interfere." I sigh but nod knowing she's right. I see Mako grab Bolin and nod to Korra, then they take off. They've both picked up "fire flying" as I called it pretty well. I turn back in the direction I saw the doctor standing in, and sure enough he walks out with another one of his creations.

Dr. Vexx: "So, we meet again Phoenix..."

You: "I guess so. Who's this? The X-782?" I hear him chuckle, and might I say it was fairly evil sounding.

Dr. Vexx: "This is the newest and last model, I do not need anymore. Because this one, is truly perfect."

You: "Oh really? How so?"

Dr. Vexx: "His skeleton has been injected with Carbon Fiber on top of what you've been injected with. When the 3 metals fused it created an indestructible metal that even you can't cut through. Although he cannot heal himself like you can, he doesn't need it."