Chapter 17: Together

Korra POV

9 days. He's been out for 9 days. The doctors said that he wasn't in a coma or anything, but they did say that he was extremely exhausted. Everybody would stop by to check on him from time to time, but I would always come at night, then again Katara had me sleeping in the healing tub right now because my body needed the help so I could help with the clean-up of the city. I explain how everybody had stayed down to help clean the mess. Even the United Forces were helping with the aftermath. They would bring supplies every few days. It's currently near midnight judging by the moon. I turn over to face him. Katara came in to heal him after dinner each night. She would always check his head for some reason though. Last night I had asked her why. She responded telling me that she was trying to heal it. She said that he didn't "fear" death, and that that was very unhealthy for somebody to not care whether they lived or died. I am broken from the thought when I hear the door open and look to see my mom entering. I pretend to be asleep. I hear her walk between me and M/N and set down something metal and what sounds like a piece of paper. After she leaves I waterbend my hands dry and pick up the metal thing I see. After looking at it closer, I see it's a locket of some kind, with what looks to be a phoenix at the bottom. I see hinges along the bird's torso and open it gently, and am met with a picture of two young girls. It takes me a minute before I realize who they are. His sisters. I close the locket and grab the piece of paper. I unfold it and read it. When I finished I couldn't hold back the tears. I look over to the man who wrote this lying there half dead. He knew he wasn't going to live, he went into that battle hurt, I saw the pain when Gaea was ripped from him. His eyes... They changed, they grew so cold. He was living with poison within him. Gaea's spirit is the only thing keeping him alive. I look back out the window and towards the moon. 'He fought... For me.' Was the last thought that went through my mind before slipping into sleep.

Your POV

Pain. Everything's in pain. Which I guess means I'm still alive so that's good, but god. Why is it that lately every time I wake up it hurts? I look down to see I'm in a tub. I have a large gash running diagonally across my chest, which I'm guessing is why I feel like I have major heartburn right now. My back also currently feels like it's on fire. I look to my left and see it. A needle, oh god. I scream and scramble out of the tub only to fall into another one. Little did I know there was someone else in it.

Korra: "M/N?! What the hell?!" I wipe the water from my eyes and look to see Korra, sitting there in nothing but spandex shorts and a sports bra. I am thankful for the darkness as I feel myself blushing.

You: "Uh, hey Korra. How are you?" I say putting my hand behind my head and laughing sheepishly. Instead of yelling at me she stands up and hugs me.

Korra: "I thought I lost you." She says. I feel myself blush even harder. After a few seconds, she pulls away but slips on the bottom of the tub, her arms were still around me and in my current condition I really couldn't fight to stay standing. I fall and end up on top of her. I now see a tinge of red on her cheeks too.

Korra: "Oh god, s-sorry M/N, I-I didn't mean to..." She trails off towards the end. The moonlight reflecting off her bright blue eyes. Her hair is undone from its usual ponytail and falls past her shoulders. I realize how beautiful she really is. I feel something, but what? I've never felt this before. I see her eyes close and she tilts her head and leans towards me. 'Kiss her you bumbling idiot!' I hear the voice yell at me. I do the same as Korra. When our lips touch I feel a spark. Our lips begin moving together perfectly. I feel her wrap her arms around my neck and pull herself even closer to me. Neither one of us notices that we have an onlooker to our actions. We continue until we need to break for air. I rest my head against hers, she still has her arms wrapped around me when I hear the door creak open so when I jump back to the other end of the pool Korra falls on top of me. I hear whoever's watching chuckle at our actions. I turn to see Korra's mom looking on smiling wide.