Chapter 7: Broken

Your POV
We arrive back at air temple island at I'm guessing around 7 PM. Pena runs out and hugs me much to my surprise though.
Pema: "Thank gods you're ok M/N. The kids and I were so worried about you." Just as she finished that I see the 3 airbenders come running out and tackle me.
Ikki: "M/N! I thought you were hurt!"
Meelo: "Were you the leaf?" I'm still not sure what that really means
Jinora: "It's good to see you're ok M/N."
You: "Thanks guys, it means a lot that you care so much." I say smiling. Pema then rushes us into the dining room to eat. I must've been eating more than usual because they all keep giving me wide eyes looks.
You: "Ok? What is it? Why do you all keep staring at me?"
Asami: "Well one, you've eaten twice as much as you usually do, but I guess you haven't eaten since yesterday so I'll let that slide. And two, your clothes aren't in the best of shape. What happened?" I look down and see my shirt a tattered mess and my pants are now singed shorts and my shoes are basically in two pieces.
You: "I... I don't know. I can't remember anything until I woke up in that cell." I see Pema walk off and come back a few minutes later with gray boots, black pants a F/C shirt and a dark gray sweatshirt.
You: "Wha-"
Pema: "Here, I've been working on these since I knew your old clothes wouldn't make it too much longer even though I tried to fix them."
You: "Are you su-"
Pema: "Young man stop trying to be so polite around me, now go change!" I must have had a surprised look on my face because everybody started laughing, although Korra and Bolin seemed to find it the funniest. I go change and walk back into the room I see everybody turn to look.
You: "Well? What do you guys think?" I see Mako nod his head in approval.
Bolin: "Lookin' sharp M/N. It's suits you." I nod and smile then turn to Asami.
You: "Well I feel like if anyone here was a fashion expert it would be you." I say looking at her.
Asami: "Aww, you look so cute in that." She says like how you would talk to a 3 year old. I look down as I feel my cheeks heat up in embarrassment. I hear everybody laugh at my actions and scratch the back of my head laughing with them. I then turn to Korra. I see her... staring?
You: "What do you think mighty avatar?" I say jokingly. She seems to snap out of the stare.
Korra: "Looks good on you." I see somethings bothering her but decide not to bring it up right now.

Korra POV
I hear M/N walk back into the room and... Wow. I guess I've never really seen him cleaned up before. I take in everything from his H/S H/C hair to his boots. I then hear him call my name
You: "What do you think mighty avatar?" He asks playfully.
Korra: "Looks good on you I say smiling." But I know that even though he's seems fine to everyone else that he's not. I need to talk to him.
*TIMESKIP*

Korra POV

I wait until everybody is asleep to start walking towards M/N's room. I reach his door and knock lightly. No response. "M/N it's me, Korra." I knock again and still no response. "I'm coming in." I say softly. I open the door and I don't see him anywhere. I see his jacket, boots and pants sitting on the floor next to each other. I start to panic. Where is he? I'm thinking of where he could be when I see a flash of F/C light from the balcony door. I see its open and walk out on the balcony to see M/N... What is he doing? He seems to be bending... Light? I see him charge up F/C light in each of his hands. I see him extend his hands together and I see a beam of F/C light burst through the air. I can't help but stare, He's only wearing a white tank top and black shorts. He's definitely not as bulky as I thought. He has a pretty slender build, but still manages to have muscle show through his shirt. I see him breath and calm down, but then he falls. I see his head fall into his hands. 'He's crying? I never thought I'd see him truly cry.' I think to myself. I see him get up and walk over to sit on the edge of the island still crying his eyes out. 'Go help him!' I hear Raava's voice in my head. I jump off the balcony and use my earthbending to land softly. I begin walking towards him.

Korra: "Hey." I say softly.

M/N: "Hey." He says through tears, though not turning around to face me either. I realize it's a rather chilly night while I stand there.