Chapter 18: Vacation

Korra POV

I'm awoken by a hand on my shoulder. I look to see my dad standing next to my bed. I get up and follow him out not caring to change. As we round the corner I hear something coming from the bathroom down the hall. I stop at the corner and walk towards the sound instead. When I arrive I see 2 things. One, M/N is on his hands and knees over the toilet while Kya runs her hand through his hair, and two, his back is a deep red and his skin must still be raw. I walk up to him and put a hand on his shoulder. He looks up and smiles slightly at me before turning back and puking again. After another 10-15 minutes, he stops throwing up and stands gingerly.

You: "Seriously can I go one day without either being in a coma, getting beat up, or being sick to my stomach." I laugh and look at him as he sits at the table.

Korra: "That might be a stretch for you." He looks up and smiles. I see my dad sit down next to me with a folder in his hands. He sets it on the table and pushes it over to M/N.

You: "I'm guessing this is the file for all the bombings and thefts this rogue soldier has done?" I see my dad nod. "Ok, I'll go take a look at this. I'm sure you two have work to do around the city." He says as he stands. I nod and look towards my dad.

Tonraq: "We'll see you tonight at dinner." He says as he exits. Me and M/N say our goodbyes and go our separate ways. I catch up with my dad as we head towards the city.

Your POV

I have all the pictures and notes spread out along the floor of my room. Markets, banks, clothing. Nothing really to show me that this person was part of something bigger. The one thing that was strange about all these attacks was that there were no bomb shells or shrapnel debris. I needed to find something that could tell me about the explosives this person was using. I stop at a photo of a weapons shop. I pick up the photo and the description next to it. 'No bomb debris. Weapons damaged and storefront blown out.' Weapons damaged. I set down the report and walk downstairs hearing Senna call that dinners ready. I walk down stairs and throw the picture on the table. Tonraq picks it up and studies it.

You: "Can you take me there?" I ask him. He thinks for a minute before responding.

Tonraq: "Of course, but may I ask why?" I raise an eyebrow and look around.

You: "Well, out of all these attacks there were never any physical evidence of a bomb casing or shell, and if this attacker is either a non-bender or a Northern Water Tribe soldier that means that some source of non firebending heat caused this damage. This place still has weapons in it. I think, and, follow me on this one. That the bomb was hot enough to melt whatever it was cased in. I was hoping that we could see which weapons had been melted and which had not. If a low-grade metal survived, then we know that the bomb must have been made out of a metal that melts easily. Then we find if there are deposits near here, and scout those areas. We set up watch areas so we can watch each of the areas 24/7 and we should eventually find him going there to get the casing for his bomb." I see him think for a second before answering.

Tonraq: "Well, I'm not gonna lie it sounds a bit far-fetched. But it's the best we got right now so I'll go with it."

*TIMESKIP*

We went to the shop the next day, and sure enough low-grade weaponry was still standing. We find the 5 metals it could be and send scouts to each area. And within 24 hours they return with the man who did it. They found the metal and fuses in his bag. Me, Korra, Bolin, Asami, and Mako are all currently sitting in the living room talking.

Asami: "God. I just need a vacation."

Mako: "Yea, I could for a beach day or two." I smile and look to Korra and she looks up at me confused.