Chapter 38: The Swamps Vision

Your POV

There she is, lying dead in front of me. Everything turns black, I only see her... Korra, lying motionless, and lifeless, in front of me. I couldn't do anything but scream.

Gaea: 'M/N! You Must Calm Down! It's Not Real M/N! It's Not Real!' No! I feel control slipping away.

???: 'Congratulations... You've released the animal...' I scream again, something was digging in my head. It felt like it was tearing me apart. God, the pain was unbearable. 'Let me take control... I can make you whole again, I can make you strong enough to kill the man who did this.'

Gaea: 'NO! M/N Whatever You Do Don't Listen To Him!' I fought it as long as I could, but eventually came to terms, I couldn't stop whatever was doing this... 'I'm sorry... I can't fight it anymore... It's too much.' Then everything goes black.

Korra POV

Toph: "What was that kid thinking!? He should never have come back to the swamp!" I see him kneeling through some vines.

Korra: "There!" I jump through the vines... I was about to walk up to him, but something was wrong... He had tears on his cheeks. "M/N...?" He raises his head from his hands, then turns it slightly to look at me... "Oh god..." I couldn't even describe what I was seeing... His pupils were glowing F/C... But... The whites of his eyes were now pure black, he also had black circles around his eyes.

You: "Hello... Korra..."

Your POV

What the hell is going on!? She was just dea- Oh no... it was the swamp! Damnit! What the hell is going on!? I have no control, I'm just sitting there... watching...

???: 'Well, this is rather unfortunate.'

You: "Who are you!? What did you do to me!?"

???: 'Remember something, F/N. You will never be "normal." You will always have that animal within you... And one day... I am going to release that animal... And show her.' He says as I see Korra appear in the darkness. 'What you truly are.'

Korra POV

Korra: "M/N? What's going on?"

You: "Korra, I've lied to you, I've never loved you." What?

Korra: "M/N..." I say, feeling tears begin to form.

You: "I was only here to make sure you didn't get hurt, but I've realized something, all these years, you've just held me back. I am not who you think I am Korra. I fight and kill for sport, and I knew you'd have the strongest enemies for me to fight, but now that you're broken down and weak, no one will come to fight you. You are useless to me now." I couldn't stand it anymore, I turn around and walk away, feeling the tears begin to fall.

Your POV

I open my eyes and see Toph standing there.

You: "Where's Korra?"

Toph: "It wasn't you, was it?" What?

You: "What wasn't me?" I ask her.

Toph: "You just told her you didn't love her and that she's been holding you back, and some other stuff, not good stuff either." What?! 'I told you... I will take everything you love away' You... 'When I find you... I swear to god you are going to die, and it "Will Not." Be quick, or painless.' I get up and turn towards Toph.

You: "Where did she go?" She points behind her.

Toph: "Listen kid, I know that wasn't you, but she doesn't, I'm guessing she won't want to see you right now."