Chapter 45: Valek

Your POV

How? What in the hell was going on?! I close the door behind me and walk over to the mask. I notice it's even more complete than last time. I pick it up again, and see Korra lying in the snow, yet I knew this scene, it was when Unalaq had ripped Raava from her... I'm brought back to reality by a knock on the door.

Korra: "M/N? Are you in there?" I kick some dirty clothes under the bed and throw the mask out the window.

You: "Yup, come on in." She walks in and tosses her bag to the side, then flops onto the bed. She was already wearing her pajamas, a white tank top and light blue shorts. I take off my shirt and lie down next to her. I turn to face her, and see concern in her face. "Korra? Is something wrong?" She creates a small flame in her hand and holds it next to my face.

Korra: "Your eye... The spots bigger." What? What is this fr-... No, it couldn't be... The mask...?

You: "I'm sure this is the worst of it, it will probably be better within the week, if not, I'll go see someone." She nods and leans into me. I wrap an arm around her as we lay there... I have to find out what the hell is going on with that mask... And why it keeps appearing... and why it's making my eye bleed...

*TIMESKIP*

Your POV

I wake up the next morning, and judging by the sun, it must be around 6. I get up slowly, trying not to wake Korra. Then walk into the bathroom. I rub the sleep from my eyes, and look into the mirror... And see the mask hanging behind me. I spin around, but don't see anything. Then turn back... and see it sitting in front of me, almost fully completed now. I step back into the wall. The mask begins to float... and I see Amon form behind it.

You: "What the hell do you want with me?!" He just chuckles.

Amon: "One day... one day..." Then it disappears... I hear Korra yelling from outside the bathroom. I look back to the mirror one more time, and see a name printed in blood... Valek...

Korra: "M/N!!? M/N Open Up!" I hear the door get kicked open. I look back into the mirror, and see myself, but my eyes are black... I bring my hand up to the mirror, and see it covered in blood in the reflection. Then Korra knocks the door down and walks in front of the mirror... I feel myself become sick. In her reflection her clothes are tattered and she's covered in blood... then I see 3 large stab marks on her stomach... My claws... I look over to Korra... And see that evil version of myself standing behind her in the bedroom, his head crooked to the side in a wicked smile.

You: "What Do You Want!?!?" I scream at him. He just laughs, I try and firebend at him, but nothing happens... I look at my hand then back to him. His body starts to fade...

???: "I will take them... Just like I took... Your family... Say goodbye... To the ones... You love..." Then he disappears. I look down and see myself trembling, what the hell is going on? I feel a hand on my shoulder, I turn around to see Korra standing there with a worried look on her face.

Korra: "Tell me what you saw... I know you saw something..." I sit down on the bed.

You: "I saw you hurt... badly... M-my claws... t-they w-were... My claw marks... Y-you had my claw marks on your stomach... Like I had stabbed you... Y-your clothes were tattered, and you were covered in blood... T-then I-I saw him... Whatever the evil version of me is... I-I know its name now though..."

Korra: "What is it?" I turn to her and take a deep breath.

You: "Valek..."

Korra: "Does that name mean anything to you?" I shake my head.